Transparency International (TI) is the global civil society organisation leading the fight against corruption. In collaboration with more than 100 chapters worldwide and an international secretariat in Berlin (TI-S), Germany, TI raises awareness of the damaging effects of corruption and works with partners in government, business and civil society to develop and implement effective measures to tackle it. Our work confronts us with forces that feel threatened by our values and our mission.
We are looking for an exceptional individual to coordinate the development, implementation and monitoring of an effective strategy to mitigate risk, maintain continuity of operations, and provide for the safety and security of all employees. They shall also serve as the subject matter expert on all safety and security related matters at TI Movement level. The Global Safety & Security Manager will be responsible for establishing policies and standards affecting safety and security of staff members, facilities, and assets, which can also be adopted by our National Chapters worldwide. They will ensure security protocols and mechanisms are in place to address the members’ of our network unique security challenges.
Starting date:As soon as possible
Duration:limited for 2 years, with the possibility of extension
Location:TI-Secretariat (TI-S), Berlin/Germany
- Serve as the primary focal point for safety and security for staff at the TI Secretariat, and for our National Chapters
- Provide technical support in the following areas:
o security/threat/risk assessments;
o scenario planning, security plan development;
o crisis/contingency planning; and
o other security-related functions
- Develop and update security plans, business continuity plans and crisis management plans, and policies and procedures, in accordance with best practices and ensure their implementation
- Provide advice and counsel on matters relating to employee and property safety and security
- Coordinate with the Head of Technology on issues regarding information security and cyber security
- Investigate all safety, security and risk management related issues
- Monitor security conditions and liaise and coordinate with National Chapters and other partners in countries
- Undertake travel (approx. 20-40%) to movement stakeholders, including to high threat environments and in crises situations
Knowledge, experience and skills:
- Academic education or certification in Security or Risk Management (e.g. CPP)
- NGO security, military or law enforcement background – a plus if related to journalism or investigate work
- Minimum of 9 years of experience in implementing security programs including security management in complex international environments
- Experience with Private Security Companies and Contractors
- Experience conducting training for small groups
- Comprehensive knowledge of regional security issues (e.g. Africa, Asia, Middle East, etc.)
- Demonstrated understanding of complex emergencies, related security concerns and appropriate responses to such emergencies
- Exceptional communication skills for explaining complex security concerns, policies, protocols, and procedures to senior management, employees, consultants, volunteers and consistently apply them at all levels
- Written and spoken fluency in English required; second language a plus
To learn more about Transparency International, please visit our website atwww.transparency.org
Qualified candidates should submit in English via email a single PDF file containing a one-page letter of motivation (mentioning the origin of the application, RELIEFWEB) and a two-page CV to:
Deadline for applications is Sunday, 7 April 2019.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted and that due to the high volume of applications it is unfortunately not possible to provide individualized feedback.