Global Water Foundation Grants for Water and Sanitation
The Global Water Foundation is currently accepting applications for its Water and Sanitation Grants Program.
The Global Water Foundation is in the service of humanity: to help make the world a better place, a healthier place, a safer place and ultimately a place of peace and prosperity.
All projects and programs funded by the Global Water Foundation have the same goal to make the world a better place for all.
What types of Support will be Offered?
- Local initiatives are prioritised through direct grants, based on reviewed project proposals, which include clear guidelines on monitoring and evaluation of the project processes.
- Both new and existing local projects are considered for direct grants: existing projects are supported with the clear understanding of scaling them up by using unique or innovative methodologies; new projects are supported depending on whether they fulfill the criteria set out for specific project types.
- Replication projects are supported through direct grants, where innovative ideas have been successful and need funding for expansion. This applies to implementation projects as well as product development.
- Repayable grants are given to SMMEs and local entrepreneurs to develop or make available simple technologies or services and create the necessary local markets.Local entrepreneurs often lack access to capital markets to develop a business.
These grants assist them to get going.
In the spirit of sustainability, the grants are repaid after a set time when the business is established.
If the business fails to become sustainable the grant is not repeated unless the grantee clearly shows that its impact on the community warrants the repayable grant to be converted into a non-repayable donation.
- A combination of grants and loans is granted i.t.o. product development, manufacturing and distribution.Grant Focus Areas
- Strictly water and sanitation-related programmes and projects
- Strictly water and sanitation-related education issues
- Strictly water and sanitation-related technology issuesGrant Parameters
- Grant amounts are determined by the scope of the project
- Matching funding is encouragedRequirements
- To be considered for a grant, the initial contact should be a letter of enquiry. Please limit the letter to no more than four pages (Arial 11 pt). Organisations proposing projects which fit the Foundation’s areas of interest are invited to submit a full proposal. The letter of inquiry must include the following:
- A description of the project and its expected outcomes as they relate to the Foundation’s area of interest.
- A proposed project budget (no details needed).
- The amount requested with an explanation of how the funds will be allocated within the project.
- If you apply for the first time, please describe your organisation and its legal status.
- Phone and email enquiries will not be entertained without the letter of enquiry.Applications Accepted All Year Round!
For more information and application details, see; Global Water Foundation Grants for Water and Sanitation