Google Scholarships for Women in Computer Science
The Generation Google Scholarship for women in computer science was established to help aspiring computer scientists excel in technology and become leaders in the field.
Selected students will receive a 7,000 EUR award (or local equivalent) for the academic year.
Scholarships will be awarded based on the strength of each candidate’s impact on diversity, demonstrated leadership, and academic background.
The program is open to qualified students who meet all the minimum qualifications. Women interested in computer science are strongly encouraged to apply.
Google Scholarships for Women in Computer Science – Who can Apply?
To be eligible to apply, applicants must:
- Be currently enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student at a university for the current academic year
- Intend to be enrolled in or accepted as a full-time student in a Bachelors, Masters, or PhD program at an accredited university in Europe, Middle East or Africa for the next academic year
- Be studying computer science, computer engineering, or a closely related technical field
- Demonstrate a strong academic record
- Exemplify leadership and demonstrate a passion for improving representation of underrepresented groups in computer science and technology
- Google Scholarships for Women in Computer Science – Application ProcessYou will be asked to complete an online application which includes:
- General background information (e.g. contact information and details about your current and intended universities)
- Academic transcripts from your current and prior institutions (if you have earned a prior degree)
- One letter of reference from a professor, instructor, adviser or supervisor
- Responses to four short essay questions
- Recipients will be selected based on the overall strength of their essays and application materials compared to the entire applicant pool or respective peers (e.g.
- Bachelors students compared to other Bachelors students).
- Google Scholarships for Women in Computer Science – Terms and Conditions
- The Generation Google Scholarship for women in computer science is open to qualified
- students who meet the eligibility criteria. Women interested in computer science are strongly encouraged to apply. The scholarship award must be spent on tuition, fees, books, supplies and equipment required for the students’ classes at their primary university.Scholarship recipients must be enrolled as full time students for the academic year. applied for.
Enrollment will be verified after the winners are selected, and all scholarship payments will be made directly to the student to be used towards tuition and education-related expenses.
We will withhold the award for any scholar who no longer meets the eligibility requirements and revoke the award for any scholar who does not maintain the eligibility requirements.
Selected recipients will receive instructions from Google on how to receive the award.
Failure to complete these steps by the specified deadline will disqualify recipients from receiving the award.
Recipients may defer their award for up to one (1) year from the time of originally planned payment on a case by case basis as determined by Google.
For more information and application details, see; Google Scholarships for Women in Computer Science