Investing in Women
Investing in Women (IW) is a multi-country Australian Government initiative in Southeast Asia that seeks to improve women’s economic participation as employees and as entrepreneurs and influence the enabling environment to promote Women’s Economic Empowerment (WEE). It commenced in April 2016 with operations in the Philippines, Indonesia, Vietnam and Myanmar and is due to run through to June 2023. It is managed out of the Gender Equality Branch (GEB) of the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) in Canberra. The Program is supporting the following outcomes:
- More businesses achieve improved gender equality in their workplaces
- Intentional impact investments in women’s small and medium enterprises (WSMEs) increase
- Positive shifts in gender norms related to workplace gender equality
For more information, see www.investinginwowen.asia
The Governance Consultant will support Pathway 1, Workplace Gender Equality, by providing technical expertise in responding to the action items in the BC governance plan, such as, but not limited to, coaching, facilitating learning session on governance-related themes, and setting up a compendium of best practices on governance.
This consultancy will produce a compendium of Good Governance best practices, tools, and processes for Not for Profit in the context of the four IW countries.
The Governance Consultant will:
- Develop concept note with content outline and timelines in creating the compendium
- Coordinate with BCs through a consultative session to finalize compendium content and format
- Produce print-ready and online versions of the compendium
- Facilitate a launch/ orientation session among BCs on the content of the compendium
Information regarding deliverables and reporting requirements is included in the Information for Applicants in the ‘View Position Description’ link above.
- An experienced consultant or program manager, with minimum of 5 years’ experience in providing Governance-related support for NGOs
- Experience in research and creating learning products, tools for strengthening governance structure and process is highly desirable
- Experience in delivering training/coaching and working in close partnership with NGO EDs and Board
How to apply
Further Information & Application Details
Further information regarding this opportunity, including how to apply, can be found in the ‘View Position Description’ link at the top of this page.
Applications should be submitted online via the Careers page of Abt Associates’ website and MUST include a CV and covering letter addressing the key requirements listed above.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from experienced and capable women.
Applications close: 4 September 2020 – midnight (AEST)
We welcome and thank all applicants however; only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.