Organization: World Vision
Purpose of the position:
Lead the successful growth of Grant Acquisition and Management (GAM) team to reach organisation funding growth targets and diversify and strengthen WVDF’s funding sources to achieve its strategic targets, strengthen its impact, and achieve its vision. Specifically, work to generate and acquire new business from international bilateral, multilateral, foundation and corporate donors, leading on the identification and formation of new innovative partnerships with external agencies, the preparation of grant proposals, and monitoring of grant implementation.
- Manage a team of four staff, working to grow the WVDF pipeline of bilateral/multilateral grants.
- Work in collaboration with RAM Senior Manager to strengthening the organisations’ relationships with bilateral/multilateral donors and WV International Support Offices (SOs).
- Help support RAM Senior Manager with the establishment of effective and sustainable GAM business processes, policies, tools and guidelines; and champion the quality implementation of such processes.
- Lead the establishment and provide oversight for management of cross-organizational Proposal Development Teams (PDTs).
- Monitor implementation of grants and provide advisory support to operations, helping to ensure grant projects achieve strong results and agreed targets.
- Contribute to effective development and implementation of GAM policies, strategy and systems.
- With support from RAM Senior Manager, lead on forging new and innovative partnerships with external agencies and donors to expand the innovative scope of WVDF programming.
- Take the lead on managing relationships with key bilateral/multilateral donors, including through development of Donor Relationship Management Plans for each critical donor.
- Identify funding opportunities and oversee development of effective grant project designs and proposals for submission to donors.
- Find ways to collaborate with the Corporate Resource Management (CRM) team on innovative Public-Private Partnership (PPP) funding opportunities.
- Manage a team of four staff to collectively deliver the below set out responsibilities;
- Assist RAM Senior Manager in the development and implementation of the WVDF GAM Business Plan, GAM related strategies, plans and business processes, working at all times to ensure an effective GAM system is established and mainstreamed across WVDF;
- Lead on development and implementation of a Donor Relationship Management Plan (DRMP) for each significant bilateral/multilateral/foundation donor outlining action points and timeline to achieve donor-specific goals as identified in GAM Business Plan. Identify value proposition for each donor. Ensure the approach taken to each donor relationship is informed by the priorities and interests of the donor as well as the history of the relationship between WV and the donor;
- Forge new innovative partnerships and joint-funding opportunities with external organisations (corporate, private, NGO, INGO, or government) collaboratively with Advocacy and Corporate Resource Management teams to identify opportunities to partner with organizations and corporations through consortiums or other arrangements in order to access alternative grants avenues, especially PPPs;
- Coordinate, delegate and/or lead cross-organizational teams (including GAM Leads from Operations, Finance, P&C, Procurement, DME) through the development of quality project designs resulting in quality grant proposals for bilateral/multilateral/foundation funding submissions. This includes development of accurate project budgets in coordination with WVDF Finance Division. Be responsible for ensuring project proposal are completed within donor deadlines, using donor templates, and meeting donor standards;
- Actively build a strong and effective working relationship with operations staff responsible for implementing bilateral/multilateral/foundation grant projects and all other GAM lead points within various WVDF divisions who play a role in grant implementation or oversight;
- A master’s degree or equivalent qualifications in demonstrating competency in technical writing for development – for example, a degree in international development, economics, health, disaster risk reduction, education, or other related field
- At least 3 years of experience in grant proposal development with a track record of successful proposal writing for bilateral and multilateral institutional donors resulting in funding acquisition, including USAID, DFAT, GAC, World Bank, ADB and EU;
- At least 3 years of experience in grant project management and operations, with a track record in management of grant projects funded by priority donors: USAID, DFAT, GAC, World Bank, ADB and EU;
- At least 3 years of experience managing staff;
- At least 3 years of experience and demonstrated success in directly managing funding organisational relationships with external agencies and partner organisations;
- Experiencing in developing, leading or coordinating consortium or networks of development actors;
- Experience in development and managing project finances and budgets;
- 3 years of experience in leading cross-organisational team in development of project designs or similar activities;
- 3 years of experience delivering development programming or operations;
- 3 years demonstrated experience in building alliances and partnerships with external agencies (private sector, NGOs, academe) involving financial exchange.
- Experience negotiating with institutional donors such as of USAID, DFATD, DFAT, ADB, EU, World Bank;
- 3 years of experience in directly managing stakeholder relationships with institutional donors or other funding agencies.
- Excellent knowledge of international development donor funding systems, characteristics, funding trends, processes, priorities, decision-makers, including specific knowledge of USAID, DFATD, DFAT, ADB, EU, World Bank.
- Excellent technical writing skills for bilateral and multilateral grant funding acquisition.
- Good capacity in research synthesis, policy and analysis and knowledge management.
- Sound knowledge of program Design Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Sound knowledge of development of results frameworks, logframe and monitoring and evaluation plans.
- Expertise in leading program design and development including writing.
Please send your CV to email@example.com