International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations, International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.
International Medical Corps is a major provider of primary and secondary care services in both refugee camps and urban settings across Jordan, working with the ministry of health to build capacities and extend and strengthen service provision for refugee and host communities.
The Grants Information and Reporting Manager is responsible for ensuring compliance with general donor regulations, grant specific requirements, donor communication, reports, as well as a range of regular and ad hoc reports and communication tools used for both internal and external dissemination of information. Additionally, this position will ensure that all information and data collected from the field is compiled, documented, analyzed and reported in a results-based and timely manner for country program mission internal purposes and as per donor requirements. The position will support training and development of IMC staff and partners to improve and standardize reporting and proposal development. S/he is also responsible to develop high quality communication products, highlighting IMC program activities for external audiences.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function with or without reasonable accommodation. The tasks listed are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
Grants Information management
- In coordination with Country Director and MEAL Coordinator, ensure timely compilation of program and project data to comply with internal, donor, and sector coordination reporting requirements by deadline;
- Support the development and drafting of concept notes, full proposals, modification requests, and supporting documents according to the program management tool;
- Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of grants, donor compliance, and budget conditions and status;
- Provide assistance in preparation of budgets and in the analysis and evaluation grant performance and budget burn rates in coordination with program and finance personnel;
- Assist program senior management reviewing Budget vs Actual (BVA) reports to address and escalate any projected underspend; as well as projected inabilities to meet contractual obligations;
- Organize and participate in grant kick off and grant review meetings and provide advisory assistance to program staff;
- Maintain grants filing system for all country program grants, including agreements, proposals, revisions, reports, etc;
- Conduct regular review, with project teams and HQ, of contract delivery and performance against indicators (project and contract indicators);
- Maintain a broad and deep understanding of donor policies, regulations and procedures and build this knowledge among programs and operations team members;
- Liaise with in-country, regional and headquarters on grant management activities, including ad hoc requests for information and updates;
- Compile and respond to information requests from all IMC HQ offices.
- Assist in donor relations; participate in calls with IMC’s donors, represent IMC country mission at donor meetings as required; and communicate relevant priorities to donors and internal business development;
- Ensure tools and processes are adequate and in place for purpose to collect relevant quantitative and qualitative information required for reporting to a range of stakeholders;
- Develop standard reporting templates and tools that will support improved narrative, log frame and financial reporting;
- Provide regular situation analysis (security, political, media, from other agencies/actors), regarding humanitarian needs and data collection from program activities;
- Support the development of communication tools (for internal and external use), including maps, case studies, and info graphics;
- Provide editing and quality assurance of all internal and external reports for review by the Management prior to dissemination;
- Support program team and local partners in activities reporting through the capacity building trainings, development of standardized information and reporting tools;
- Maintain a donor-reporting schedule and share with relevant staff on a timely basis;
- Support information flow from the field, regionally and with headquarters.
Code of Conduct
It is our shared responsibility and obligation to prevent matters involving Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, Trafficking in Persons, Child Safeguarding and any suggested violation to our Code of Conduct, which may involve Conflicts of Interest, Fraud, Corruption or Harassment. If you see, hear or are made aware of any suggested activities then you have an obligation to report.
- Bachelor degree in Social Sciences, Business Administration, International Development and/or in a relevant field of study
- Minimum of three years’ of experience in grants and reporting field
- Minimum of three years’ experience in developing projects, proposals and reports for public donors
- International experience, highly preferred in the Middle East
- Deep knowledge in donor regulations
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Familiar with computerized systems
- Flexibility to adapt to changing requirements
- Strong team management skills
International Medical Corps is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran.