This position will support the Grants Management Team (GMT) to monitor, analyze, and report on financial and compliance data related to FH’s portfolio of over 60 grants with an average annual turnover of $65 million. The position will have a special focus on US Government grants and will play a critical role in protecting FH from risk, ensuring FH’s good standing with donors and partners by supporting accurate, timely financial reporting. The Grants Analyst will also support the GMT in preparation of the Single Audit and annual budget planning. As assigned, the position will also support budget and compliance reviews of grant proposals and awards, working closely with Field Offices (FOs) and Resource Development teams to ensure proper award budgeting, compliance, reporting, and closeout for an assigned portfolio of grants from USG, Multilateral, and INGO donors.
At Food for the Hungry, we operate under a set of guiding principles we call “The Heartbeat.” This includes our Values, Vision and Purpose, which serve as the explanation of who we are and how we work as an organization. Together we follow God’s call responding to human suffering and graduating communities from extreme poverty.
• Support in the preparation of monthly grant analysis reports for USG grants, as well as producing financial performance reports for GMT and FH leadership.
• Analyze field office cash flow requirements and facilitate the drawdown process of US Government funds.
• Request and review grant agreements, amendments, and extensions.
• Investigate and resolve any compliance problems and ensure that actions are properly documented.
• Support the Public Development and RHA units and Field Offices in developing new proposals for grant funding with a focus on budget, compliance, and sound management principles.
• Prepare and review narrative and financial reports for donor compliance.
• Support in the preparation of financial quarterly reports for USG grants.
• Conduct coordination calls with field leadership and technical staff on an ongoing basis to resolve and prevent compliance and/or performance issues.
• Support Sr. Grants Analyst with analyzing and processing reports and payment requests from FH Field Offices, sub-awardees, and contractors, and with other tasks as assigned.
• Support Grants Management Director or Chief Public Resources Officer by preparing reports and information related to FH grants metrics.
• Maintain shared resource sites such as Dropbox and FH Connect with up to date information in relation to grants and compliance.
• Support in the preparation of the Single Audit.
• Support department leadership in preparation of annual budget, quarterly forecasts, and other projects as needed.
• Ensure grants database and other platforms are up-to-date with information.
• Other duties as assigned.
Job Level Specifications
• Vibrant personal relationship with Jesus Christ and Christian commitment to serving the poor and in full agreement with FH’s Christian foundation and beliefs as expressed in The Heartbeat: our Values, Vision, and Purpose.
• Intermediate to Advanced skill in Excel is required; Competence in Microsoft Word and Google application suite is required.
• Experience on generating reports from MS Dynamics and Power BI is highly preferred.
• Ability to analyze complex sets of data.
• Experience with USAID, USDS, UN, and other public funding donors is required, but training will be provided
• Experience reporting in government systems such as PMS, ART, WBSCM, and SAMS Domestic is a plus.
• Develop solutions for a variety of situations and work on projects requiring evaluation and analysis. Refer to policies, practices and precedents for guidance; determine best course of action to achieve results.
• Be willing and able to deploy to disaster and emergency response areas to provide support.
• Ability to contribute and assist in developing and reviewing procedures for the various areas of the department.
• Ability to coordinate and conduct meetings, trainings and seminars related to grants management, compliance, and donor guidelines.
• Minimum 2 years of related experience with financial analysis, business analysis or grant compliance.
• Prior USG grant management experience is a plus.
• Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university in International Development, Economics, Business, or related field.
• Project management experience; PMD Pro Certification is a plus.
Proficiency in spoken and written English. French fluency is a plus. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Food for the Hungry is committed to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for all beneficiaries it serves. It is FH’s policy to create and proactively maintain an environment that prevents and deters any actions and omissions that put any beneficiaries, including children and the most vulnerable at risk. All personnel are expected to conduct themselves in a manner consistent with this commitment and obligation. Any violations of this policy could result in termination.
How to apply
A resume and an application are required to apply for this position. To apply, access our Career page:https://www.fh.org/about/careers/