Grants in Botswana to Empower Women in Politics
The U.S. Embassy Gaborone announces an open competition for organizations to submit applications to carry out a program to provide training, resources, and support to empower women to meaningfully take part in political processes in Botswana.
The end goal is to increase the role and influence of women in Botswana political institutions and decision-making.
The objective of this funding opportunity is to develop the skills women need to run for office, build networks to help them in this effort, and directly address social stigma factors that discourage women candidates.
With the next national elections scheduled for 2024, women interested in taking part in the political process will have to start as soon as possible to gain a voice in the next vote.
Participants and Audiences
- Women already involved in politics, including members of Botswana’s political parties.
- University students interested in politics, campaigns, or political processes
- Prospective women candidates
- Representatives of political parties, including menFunding Information
- Award Ceiling: $ 250,000
- Award Floor: $ 250,000Eligible Applicants
- Businesses and government entities do not qualify. Applicants must be individuals or registered NGOs.
- Recipients may demonstrate their commitment by either contributing to the project financially, or providing labor or supplies to carry out the project. Cost-sharing is not required but encouraged.
- All applicants must display sound management in the form of financial and administrative procedures that protect against waste, fraud, and abuse.Apply by 18th September.
For more information and application details, see; Grants in Botswana to Empower Women in Politics