Grants in Rwanda for Facilitating Virtual Access to US Embassy Kigali
Call for Applications – Facilitating Virtual Access to U.S. Embassy Kigali Programs.
The U.S. Embassy Kigali Public Affairs Section (PAS) is pleased to announce that funding may be available through its Public Diplomacy Small Grants Program.
This is a Notice of Funding Opportunity soliciting proposals from organizations that seek to assist Rwandan youth, women, persons with disabilities, and other audiences to have virtual access to U.S. Embassy programs.
Purpose of Small Grants in Rwanda
- PAS Kigali invites local, Rwandan, non-profit, non-governmental organizations to submit a proposal for programs that will facilitate U.S. Embassy target audiences to virtually join programs, particularly for audiences that do not have sufficient funds for data costs or other internet costs associated with participating in virtual programs.
- Since the beginning of the COVID-19 crisis, the U.S. Embassy has sought to minimize in-person public diplomacy programs to help keep the people of Rwanda safe from COVID-19.
- The U.S. Embassy has had ongoing programs to promote economic growth, youth leadership, and democracy and good governance, most of which are undertaken virtually using Google Meet, Zoom, or other virtual meeting platforms.
- Rwandan audiences join us from inside and outside of Kigali, from every province of Rwanda. However, data costs for many would-be participants are too high for them to join.Funding Information
Award amounts: Awards may range from a minimum of $2,000 to a maximum of $5,000
Length of performance period: Three to 12 months
Priority Participants and Audiences:
- Youth aged 18-35;
- Young professionals;
- Above categories with focus on women and/or people with disabilities.Eligibility Criteria
The Public Affairs Section encourages applications from:
- Registered not-for-profit organizations, including think tanks and civil society/non-governmental organizations with programming experience
- Non-profit educational institutionsApply by 30th January.
For more information and application details, see; Grants in Rwanda for Facilitating Virtual Access to US Embassy Kigali