At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. A nonprofit international development organization founded in 1971, Pact works on the ground in nearly 40 countries to improve the lives of those who are challenged by poverty and marginalization. We serve these communities because we envision a world where everyone owns their future. To do this, we build systemic solutions in partnership with local organizations, businesses, and governments that create sustainable and resilient communities where those we serve are heard, capable, and vibrant. Pact is a recognized global leader in international development. Our staff have a range of expertise in areas including public health, capacity development, governance and civil society, natural resource management, poverty, fragile states, monitoring and evaluation, small-scale and artisanal mining, microfinance and more. This expertise is combined in Pact’s unique integrated approach, which focuses on systemic changes needed to improve people’s lives.
Program Delivery (PDEL) – Pact exists to help create a world where those who are poor and marginalized exercise their voice, build their own solutions, and take ownership of their future. The Program Delivery Team, contributes to realizing this purpose by: Forging smart partnerships and treating all people with dignity and respect; Applying organizational policies and regulatory compliance appropriately and consistently; Facilitating team spirit among colleagues and promoting the organization through communications; Influencing decision makers through focused, relevant communications; Continually striving to learn and share knowledge and find small ways to make the workplace more enjoyable for all; Cultivating and harvesting innovation; Contributing to the organization’s ability to think and act strategically at all times; Inspiring and spreading our desired organizational culture across the global enterprise.
Pact seeks a Grants Manager for the ACHIEVE Rwanda program. ACHIEVE is a five-year, USAID-funded global cooperative agreement with the dual objectives of attaining and sustaining HIV epidemic control among at-risk and hard to reach pregnant and breastfeeding (PBF) women, infants, children, and youth, as well as to mitigate the impact of HIV/ AIDS and prevent HIV transmission among these populations; and supporting the transition of prime funding and implementation to capable local partners in order to meet the PEPFAR goal of 70% of funding to local partners.
Reporting to the Director Finance & Admin, the Grants Manager will be responsible for grants management and administration to achieve project goals, working with partner organizations of all levels. S / he provides overall leadership and oversight for all aspects of related to management of subgrants. This will require close collaboration with Pact HQ to ensure compliance with Pact and funder guidelines. The Grants Manager will supervise all staff with grants and contracts functions and make frequent field visits.
Application Deadline is September 25, 2020 at 5:00 PM EST.
- Develop contract documents in compliance with funder requirements, using Pact standard templates and working closely with Pact HQ Agreement Management to execute quality subawards.
- Administer the full cycle of subaward management activities, from planning through selection, pre-award assessment, negotiation, monitoring / compliance visits, and closeout
- Use Pact’s subaward management system (Salesforce) and accounting system (Serenic Navigator) for subaward issuance and management. Ensure that all required documentation is available and stored as per Pact policy.
- Oversee budget management of project’s subaward pool and ensure accurate and timely disbursement and liquidation of subaward expenses.
- Ensure timely training of subgrantees, contractors, and Pact staff to understand and comply fully with funder requirements. Develop training materials and carry out regular trainings with partners.
- Ensure that office systems for grants are maintained and that regular reports are provided to Pact headquarters or to the funder as required
- Develop and update Country Office Subawards Manual in compliance with Pact HQ guidance
- Support closeout of awards, including preparation of final inventories, property disposition, etc.
- Work with project staff to ensure that implementation of grants and contracts follows donor requirements
- Undergraduate degree and at least five years of relevant experience
- A demonstrated track record of successfully working with local organizations in a role administering or supporting the management of grants
- Experience assessing the responsibility and grant-worthiness of organizations through financial statements, audits, and other documentation presented in a proposal or in support of an award
- Experience drafting and managing performance-based subawards
- Knowledge of USAID and other funder rules and regulations as related to subgrants, procurement, compliance, and cost principles
- Proven capacity to design and deliver a range of training and technical assistance programs to build a full range of capacities for grant management
- Ability to problem-solve difficult issues, and to multitask with ease, adapting to frequently changing priorities
- Good negotiation and conflict-resolution skills
- Strong understanding of budgets
- Competence using common desktop applications and internal systems
- Accounting and customer relationship management software experience; Prior experience with Salesforce CRM and Serenic Navigator ERP platforms a significant advantage
Application Deadline is September 25, 2020 at 5:00 PM EST.
Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, citizenship status, genetic information, matriculation, family responsibilities, personal appearance, credit information, tobacco use (except in the workplace), membership in an employee organization, or other protected classifications or non-merit factors.
How to apply
Please clickhereto apply for this position.Application deadline is September 25th, 2020.