Turning Tables (TT) is a danish-based international non-profit organization that aims to empower disadvantaged youth in vulnerable communities by giving them access to training, education, and creative capacity-building in the fields of music, filmmaking, and arts. At the same time, it amplifies the voices of adolescents and youth at local and national levels, providing them with the means to express their grievances, hopes, and dreams.
TT established a local office in Jordan in 2010 and has since implemented various cultural and creative projects. TT has comprehensive experience working to promote and support freedom of expression, human rights, civic engagement, economic inclusion, and social cohesion between marginalized refugees and Jordanian host communities. One of the main focuses has been working with traumatized and vulnerable youth in refugee camps, preventing negative coping mechanisms, offering psycho-social support, and youth empowerment through creative trauma processing.
Turning Tables Jordan has recently been awarded a project with funding from the Novo Nordisk Foundation in Denmark. CLIQ (Creative Learning for Improving Quality of life for vulnerable youth in Jordan) is a demand driven project which seeks to provide marginalised Syrian and Jordanian youth with skills to improve their employability by offering a combination of training and hands on experience within areas related to the Creative Industries in Jordan. The project aims to enhance the social and economic empowerment and self reliance of young Syrian and other vulnerable youth in Jordan.
The trainer/facilitator will provide technical as well as career guidance to Syrian and Jordanian youth participants with the aim of enhancing their employability and life skills for engaging in cultural and creative industries and support their economic inclusion. Furthermore, the CLIQ project also aims at encouraging the youth participants to start their own projects and to promote entrepreneurship. The trainer will emphasize and apply active learning methodologies such as exercises and simulations to reinforce learning. The training will be highly participatory and practical, focusing on techniques, tools and tips of training in graphic design and art.
- Prepare and develop the content and training material, guidelines, manuals and/or application toolkits to support project objectives
- Actively participate in the design of the methodology for delivery of trainings, including interactive activities, “hands-on” practice of skills, and provide technical advice to participants during the trainings/workshops
- Conduct in the field workshop/trainings and provide subject matter expertise in design and art
- Establish and maintain good relationships with community members, local authorities, project partners, participants, and other relevant stakeholders
- Organize and establish trainings/workshops dates in coordination with selected local community based organizations.
- Work with Project Coordinator in preparing project logistics and materials for in-field implementation of activities
- Together with the project manager responsible for conducting project mid-term and final evaluation (one-on-one talks/interviews, questionnaires, etc) and report on the conducted trainings/activities and collect feedback from participants.
- Availability and willingness to travel to locations outside of Amman
- Course material for creative training with specific focus on graphic design and art
- Conduction/facilitation of workshops/trainings
- Training of Trainers (ToT) course material
- Input for mid-term and final evaluation reports
Location: Amman, Jordan
Duration: 12 months with the possibility for extension. The job is full time.
Salary: Appropriate compensation will be offered to the right candidate.
Reports to: Project Coordinator, Turning Tables Jordan
- Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred in filmmaking, graphic design, communications, art, architecture, or other relevant fields to creative arts
- Experience: Excellent interpersonal communication skills including at least 3-4 years of experience in graphic design/art and facilitation of trainings/workshops and delivery of presentations relevant to the subject
- Language: Excellent oral and written Arabic skills, good command of English.
- Others: Excellent photo and video editing skills; Previous experience in producing audiovisual materials. Experience in developing training material in Arabic or English.
- Desirable: Education/training within psychology and/or psycho social support related issues is an asset. Previous experience working with vulnerable youth is an asset
How to apply
We encourage both male and females to apply for this position, since we strive for gender balance amongst our team of instructors.
Please send your CV with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 14th, 2021