Organization: Médecins Sans Frontières
MSF Creative Content Team has integrated the Graphic/Motion Designer position in October 2015 to answer the needs of developing layout, design and motion design capacities.
MSF often works on complex issues or contexts which are sometimes tricky to translate into relevant communications. Thanks to its power of visualization and simplification, infographics and motion design can help us reach a large audience in a memorable way and help audiences understand an issue in one moment.
Social media, traditional media and print reports all benefit from static or animated infographics. MSF is also working on some sensitive issues which while hard to show in video of photo form lend themselves well to an infographic approach.
The position offers many opportunities and allows the Creative Content Team to respond to the increasing demands of modern visual communication.
The Graphic/Motion Designer will be producing and adapt infographics, design layout, motion design, animation and multimedia content. He/she will act as a team player working mainly on design production but also giving a hand on video production when needed (subtitling, adaptation).
The Graphic/Motion Designer will be producing for operational communication (70%) but also for internal projects (30%). He/she will also be in charge of developing updated policies and standards for design production and for maintaining organized archives in design.
The “Graphic/Motion Designer” works within the MSF OCB Combo Unit, in the Creative Content Team (CCT) and reports to the Creative Content Team Leader. It’s a full time position (38 hour/week) based in Brussels.
He/She works in very close collaboration with all the members of the Creative Content Team and the various Communications Advisers of the Combo team but also the Internal Communication Officer.
Operational communications (70%)
- Create or adapt infographics, dataviz, maps, layout for MSF operational communication
- Create or adapt motion graphics, short animations for MSF operational communication
- Ensure that the design productions are archived and available on the database for the MSF movement (i.e. formatted, compressed appropriately, and adaptable for use in other languages)
- Manage and organize design archives on local server
- Develop a network of freelance designers in Belgium and abroad
- Contribute to de development of a design culture in-house
Internal Projects (30%)
- Create or adapt infographics, motion graphics, , maps, reports, leaflet, poster… for MSF internal communication
- Advise on design content for internal communication
- Bachelor degree in visual studies, design and/or motion graphics or equivalent
- Professional experience in graphic design and motion graphic
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, After Effects, InDesign
- Skills on other Adobe software (Ps, Pr, Lr…) are an asset
- Strong drawing skills including drawing with tablet/iPad Pro
- Strong interest for digital communication and social media
- Good understanding of print production workflow
- Experience in social media and web-based interactive productions is an asset
- Mac environment
- Knowledge of the international design standards
- Fluency in English and French (other language is an asset)
- Team Player
- A good judgement of ethical aspects of communication, copyright and legal aspects
- Creativity, curiosity, a sense of initiative
- Flexibility to travel
The candidate adhere to the MSF principles and to our managerial values: Respect, Transparency, Integrity, Accountability, Trust and Empowerment**
- ## CONDITIONS
- Long-term contract – Full-time – Based in Brussels
- Hospital insurance (DKV) – pension plan – canteen at a democratic price – 100% reimbursement for public transport costs
- Starting date: 21/01/2019
Interested? Send your letter of motivation and your CV before 05/11/2018, to Daphné Feldes**, by email** Recruit-HQ-Communications@brussels.msf.org with “Designer” in the subject