Pro Vice Chancellor (Health) Dental Health Science Scholarship
Application Deadline:2 November 2018
Course(s) Offered:Dental Health Science
Course Level:Undergraduate (Bachelor)
Country to Study in:Australia
Griffith University is happy to offer thePro Vice Chancellor (Health) Dental Health Science Scholarshipfor high-achieving international students who are applying for the Bachelor of Dental Health Science program at Griffith University.
ThisPro VC (Health) Dental Health Science Scholarshipprogram provides a pathway to the Master of Dentistry (5703). If you do not have a Letter of Offer for your degree program, please visit ‘How to apply’ for instructions on how to lodge an application for admission before lodging a scholarship application.
High-achieving students from any country, who feel they are well qualified, are invited to apply for thePro Vice Chancellor (Health) Dental Health Science Scholarship. Eligibility for scholarship application is as set out below.
- Be a citizen of a country other than Australia or New Zealand.
- Have applied and be eligible for admission, or be in receipt of a conditional or unconditional offer from the University, for entry into the Bachelor of Dental Health Science by the scholarship closing date.
- Have satisfied all appropriate entry requirements for the proposed degree program, including results of previous study and English language proficiency as per Griffith University’s entry requirements.
- Be commencing and enrolling as a new a full-time student in the Bachelor of Dental Health Science degree at Griffith University.
Scholarships will be assessed and awarded based on recommendations by a University panel (see ‘Method of Application’ below).
Citizens of ALL countries
Fields of study
Bachelor of Dental Health Science at Griffith University
Number of awards
Scholarship numbers are limited. When the limit for scholarship acceptances has been reached, the Griffith International Scholarship office will advise applicants that all available scholarships have been awarded and the scholarships are withdrawn.
The scholarship award is applied to the first year of the program
Scholarship is valued at $5,000 in total and is for tuition fees only. Two deductions of $2,500 will be applied in the first trimester and second trimester of the program. It will be applied by the Griffith University census date of each relevant trimester of the program.
Method of Application
Applicants must provide and will be assessed by a University panel on:
- A completed scholarship application form by the published closing date.
- A certified/attested true copy of academic transcripts and supporting documentation demonstrating strong academic merit.
- Assessment of a Personal Statement addressing the three questions listed below for applicants to outline their merit for the scholarship:
- Demonstrate (and provide examples of) your knowledge of the profession of dentistry and the broader role of dentistry in the health care system.
- Demonstrate (and provide examples of) your leadership and team work skills. Please also indicate your career plans for the future.
- Outline any challenges you have faced in your education and in what way you have sought to overcome these challenges.
Scholarship applicants will be advised in writing of the outcome of the scholarship and will be given a date by which to accept the scholarship.
Scholarship offers not accepted by the specified date will be withdrawn. Please note that students need to accept both their program offer and scholarship offer to secure a scholarship place.
For trimester 1 2019 – Applications close Friday,2 November 2018(for 25 February commencement). Outcome notified by 16 November.
Griffith Universityis a public university in South East Queensland on the east coast of Australia. Formally founded in 1971, Griffith opened its doors in 1975. Since then, Griffith has grown into a comprehensive, research-intensive university, ranking in the top 5% of universities worldwide. Its teaching and research spans five campuses in South East Queensland and all disciplines.
Application Deadline:2 November 2018
Open to International Applicants:Yes