As a member of the PDQA Department in Afghanistan, the Head of Advocacy, Campaign and Communication shares in the overall responsibility for the direction and coordination of the Country Office advocacy, Campaigns and Communication strategies. He/she is responsible for the development and implementation of child rights governance programming, advocacy strategies and impactful campaigns that will influence government and other institutional policies and practice to achieve positive and lasting changes to fulfil children’s rights. S/he will ensure that SCI profile is raised both nationally and internationally.
Skills and Experience
* Master Degree in policy, social studies or equivalent
* Minimum of 7 years’ experience of working with INGOs in senior position in advocacy/policy sector
* Demonstrated knowledge and experience in designing and implementing advocacy, campaigns and CRG initiatives/projects
* A general appreciation of the issues concerning the INGO sector with an in-depth knowledge of advocacy issues in Afghanistan
* Experience of working with implementing partners in a consortium and of building coalitions to affect change in policy and issues
* Substantial experience working in international locations with INGOs, with experience in successfully leading the development and implementation of advocacy, campaigns and communication strategies
* Demonstrable track record of leading change which has led to significant results for the organisation and their stakeholders
* Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching, and excellent writing and presentation skills
* Writing and presentation skills in English
* Ability and willingness to dramatically change work practices and hours, in the event of emergencies
* Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
* No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
* All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
* Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found atwww.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.