Position Name: Head of General Services Division
Employment Regime: Seconded/Contracted
Post Category: Expert
Ref. number: SOM-152
Department: Mission Support Department / General Services Division
Level: EU CONFIDENTIAL**
Open to Contributing
Third States: No
1. Reporting Line: The Head of General Services Division reports to the Head of Mission Support Department.
2. Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
· To lead, direct and manage the work of the Mission Technical Services, General Support Services and CIS Sections, Mission Support elements in the Field Offices and Asset Management Office;
· To manage and supervise that required Logistics, Supply, Transportation, Vehicle Maintenance, Building Management, Warehouse Management, Asset Management, Travel Management, Communications & Information Systems services are delivered;
· To be a Project Manager for assigned contracts and any other Technical Services-related contracts;
· To operate and advise the Technical Services staff on electronic document management system issues;
· To operate and supervise use of an ERP system.
3. General Tasks and Responsibilities:
· To propose operational decisions with the purpose of increasing the efficiency of the Mission
· To plan, develop and implement policies so as to meet expected organisational performance
regarding support services within approved budget and timeframe;
· To assess and anticipate needs in which Technical Services are involved and plan accordingly in consultation with other departments;
· To liaise with other Mission Support Services and other international organizations on the implementation of policies and projects as appropriate;
· To monitor the establishment and maintenance of appropriate systems;
· To work and maintain ERP and other electronic systems used by the Mission;
· To manage and supervise the budget allocated to Technical Services;
· To set goals and priorities for each section and office;
· To assist and advise the Head of Mission Support Department in regards to Technical Services;
· Identify, manage and report the risks arising from the specific processes/systems/projects
implemented under his/her responsibility;
· To undertake any other related tasks as requested by the Line Manager(s).
4. Essential Qualification and Experience:
· Successful completion of university studies of at least 4 years attested by a diploma OR a
qualification in the National Qualifications Framework which is equivalent to level 7 in the
European Qualifications Framework OR a qualification of the second cycle under the framework of qualifications of the European Higher Education Area, e.g. Master’s Degree OR equivalent and attested police or/and military education or training or an award of an equivalent rank; AND
· A minimum of 7 years of relevant professional experience, after having fulfilled the education
requirements, 3 years of experience at management level.
5. Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Leadership skills to lead teams and develop solutions, and to adapt new and emerging
technologies to solve business and operational needs;
· Experience with Logistics or Supply Chain Management and public procurement;
· Experience in Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems and electronic document management systems;
· Experience in managing budgets and implementing budget plans;
· Leadership skills to lead teams and develop solutions, and to adopt new and emerging technologies to solve business and operational needs;
· Ability to establish/review priorities, to plan and to exercise control;
· Ability to lead a multifunctional team, to mentor and motivate staff;
· Ability to assess and anticipate needs, plan and delineate strategies for maximising resources.
· Language skills (if applicable).
6. Desirable Qualifications and Experience:
· Master’s Degree in management, business administration, fleet management or other related
subjects, or international/national certificate/diploma in management/leadership;
· International mission experience, particularly in crisis areas with multi-national and international organisations, in a similar position;
· Knowledge of and/or working experience in financial management and procurement rules in large international organization, preferably EU.
7. Desirable Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
How to apply
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: **
1) I. GENERAL CONDITIONS
Citizenship – Citizenship of an EU Member State or of a Contributing Third State.
2) Candidates (contracted) from EU Member States need to apply/register via:
3) For the ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS, GENERAL CONDITIONS, ESSENTIAL DOCUMENTS AND EQUIPMENT FOR SELECTED CANDIDATES of the position you need to follow this link: https://eeas.europa.eu/headquarters/headquarters-homepage/93187/1-2021-c…