Organization: Oxfam GB
Oxfam is a global movement of people who won’t live with the injustice of poverty. Together we save and rebuild lives in disasters. We help people build better lives for themselves. We speak out on the big issues that keep people poor, like inequality, discrimination against women and climate change. And we won’t stop until every person on the planet can live without poverty.
The Insight Team provide the first-class research and analytics that provide Oxfam GB with a deep and holistic understanding of its audiences and markets. It ensures relevant insights are at the heart of the strategic planning process, provides a ‘single version of the truth’ and integrated performance evaluations, and delivers the strategic analysis and inputs that enable evidence-based decision-making across the whole public engagement function and wider.
Oxfam seeks to recruit a Head of Insight to provide strategic and operational management of a team of insight and data analytics specialists who will be responsible for generating and embedding the holistic audience and market insights.
Reporting to the Head of Audience & Strategic Planning the Head of Insight will be responsible for the following:
- Lead, nurture and embed an approach to decision-making based on data and insight that supports strategic planning across public engagement and that continually informs Oxfam GB’s audience strategy
- Lead the development of insight products – ensuring that insight is increasingly based on an integrated and unified understanding of Oxfam GB’s audiences and market
- Lead the development, dissemination, and management of public engagement and team KPIs with supporting insight to inform strategy and enable evidence-based decision-making
- Continuously support and improve organisational understanding of different measures of engagement and their application
- Build a comprehensive understanding of current audience, social, economic, and political trends to ensure Oxfam GB is ahead of the curve
- Develop and manage a team of insight and data analytics specialists in a way that leads to the successful delivery of insight and evidence-based decision-making
- Recognise the goals and development needs of individual team members
What we’re looking for:
We are looking for an inspirational and exceptional leader with the following:
- Significant experience gained in a leading insight or data role in a marketing, communications and/or CRM environment
- Experience of blending and integrating multiple sources of data to achieve exceptional levels of actionable insight across audiences, consumers, and markets
- Experience of qualitative and quantitative research methods and their application to improve business/audience understanding.
- Experience of applying data analytics, modelling, and reporting from CRM systems to improve business/audience understanding and drive performance
- Strategic planning experience and skills, with the ability to solve complex situations
- An advanced knowledge of the public and supporter engagement environment for charities
- Excellent relationship building skills with ability to influence within a complex and dynamic organisation
- Good knowledge of SQL (desirable)
Location: UK – Oxford
Hours: 36 hours per week
Job Type: Open ended
Closing Date: 30 September 2018
How to apply:
This is a challenging opportunity for a dedicated and highly motivated professional, with a strong commitment to Oxfam’s values and beliefs. If you believe you are the candidate we are looking for, please download the full job profile and apply online via the link below:
Oxfam is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those that are suitable to work within our values are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of screening checks.
Note: All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks.
Oxfam International is an equal opportunities employer, committed to diversity within the workplace.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted