Notice: Trying to get property 'child' of non-object in /home/humanitarianweb/public_html/wp-content/themes/jnews/class/ContentTag.php on line 45
Established in 1977, GOAL is an international humanitarian agency, with a team of 2,400 personnel, dedicated to alleviating the needs of the most vulnerable communities. Currently operating in 13 of the world’s most vulnerable countries, GOAL delivers a wide range of humanitarian and development programmes, ranging from humanitarian relief in disaster situations, to focusing on nutrition, food security, and building greater resilience and sustainable livelihoods.
GOAL has an annual budget of an estimated €100 million and is supported by a range of donors including the Governments of Ireland, UK, USA, the European Union, individuals, trusts and foundations. GOAL values the power of partnership and works with local and international partners to achieve its mission.
To Lead and Manage the GOAL Syria & Turkey HQ Procurement Team, ensuring that all procurement is conducted in accordance with GOAL Logistics policies and procedures, relevant donor requirements, and in the spirit of obtaining best Value for Money (VFM).
As well as the above, the role supports at a strategic and advisory level, both the existing procurement activities in Ireland as well as procurement across GOAL’s country portfolio, which currently entails offices in 14 countries on 4 continents: the organisation has an annual turnover in excess of €150 million. Procurement in GOAL is a varied and exciting activity, with categories ranging from pharmaceutical purchase to construction to consulting services, with agricultural inputs and food supply in between – and more.
Duties and responsibilities
- Management of high value sourcing projects for the HQ office in Ireland, global contracts and on behalf of country programmes, in close collaboration with stakeholders in HQ and in relevant countries.
- Continually and proactively influence key stakeholders through active discussion and collaboration to deliver objectives.
- Coordination of procurement activities in line with the organisation and relevant donor procurement policies and procedures.
- Coordinating with suppliers and managing supplier relations for HQ contracts, ensuring proper follow-up and tracking of spend.
- Leading strategic planning and implementation of procurement related workplan activities in the HQ Targeted Operating Model for the department.
- Analyse and determine cost reduction opportunities through sourcing projects.
- Responsible for implementing and reporting on supplier performance measures and tracking procurement department KPI’s.
- Identifying and managing areas where efficiencies or improvements can be made and making recommendations to senior management.
- Advising Senior Management on strategic and operational risks related to either individual procurement procedures or GOAL’s procurement context.
- Supporting the continuing development of internal procurement policies/procedures to ensure that all procurements are conducted in accordance with best practice and relevant regulations.
- Liaising closely with countries and departments on procurement methodologies and risks including the best means of procuring what is required; including review of procedures conducted at country level.
Key Performance Objectives
Highlight up to five objectives that would demonstrate whether the person was successful in the role over the first 12 months. These objectives should be used later to define KPIs and support the appraisal process
- Cost saving in headquarter spend
- Ensure Syria/Turkey procurement continues to deliver on-time value for money contracts
Highlight the behaviours that will be required to achieve a high performance in the role.
- Collaborate effectively with colleagues to deliver the best results for the organisation.
- Lead by example with integrity at the heart of all your work.
- Act as a representative of GOAL and demonstrate the highest standards of behaviour towards children and vulnerable adults both in your private and professional lives.
Requirements (Person Specification)
- CIPS qualification or equivalent, with 3 years post qualification experience in comparable roles.
- Demonstrable experience of leading or working in a high performing procurement team.
- Experience with producing reports and other analysis.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship/stakeholder management skills.
- Experience with communicating effectively at all levels of an organisation.
- MCIPS or equivalent.
- Additional language (French, Spanish, Arabic preferred).
- Understanding of institutional donor regulations.
Accountability within GOAL
A commitment to GOAL values and GOAL’s integrity framework is critical to working with GOAL. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to the following key areas of accountability: 1) Comply with GOAL’s policies and procedures with respect to safeguarding, code of conduct, health and safety, confidentiality, do no harm principles and unacceptable behaviour protocols; 2) Report any concerns about the welfare of a child or vulnerable adult or any wrongdoings within our programming area; 3) Report any concerns about inappropriate behaviour of a GOAL staff or partner.
Children and vulnerable adults who come into contact with GOAL as a result of our activities must be safeguarded to the maximum possible extent from deliberate or inadvertent actions and failings that place them at risk of abuse, sexual exploitation, injury and any other harm. One of the ways that GOAL shows this on-going commitment to safeguarding is to include rigorous background and reference checks in the selection process for all candidates.
Equal Employer Statement
Consistent with GOAL’s core values of humanitarianism; integrity; respect; partnership and courage, we place a significant emphasis on equality in our working environment.
GOAL is committed to treating all its employees with dignity and respect and values diversity, which it believes enriches an organisation. To reinforce this commitment, all company activities, policies, practices and procedures are to be carried out in accordance with this global standard.
All employees share in the responsibility for fulfilling GOAL’s commitment to equal employment opportunity and equal treatment. GOAL does not discriminate against any employee or volunteer; or any applicant for employment or volunteering on the basis of age, gender identity, ancestry, political opinion, civil status, medical condition, ethnic background, disability, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
GOAL believes that our strong commitment to equal opportunity and equal treatment helps to ensure that there is no unjustified discrimination in the recruitment, hiring, training and development, promotion, compensation, benefits, retention, and discipline of staff and volunteers.
GOAL aims to provide a work environment that fosters fairness, equity, and respect for social and cultural diversity, and that is free from discrimination, harassment [and vilification] as determined by applicable laws.
General Terms and Conditions
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document.
Our package includes a competitive salary, 22 days annual leave and the possibility to join our Health care scheme. Additional benefits are available after 12 months of service. Candidates must be entitled to work in Ireland at the time of application.
GOAL has a Staff Code of Conduct and a Child Protection Policy, which have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants and children from exploitation. GOAL also has a confidentiality policy ensuring the non-disclosure of any information whatsoever relating to the practices and business of GOAL, acquired in the course of duty, to any other person or organisation without authority, except in the normal execution of duty. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to these policies any job offer made is also subject to police clearance. GOAL is an equal opportunities employer.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document. Any published closing dates are estimated. Due to the nature of GOAL’s work we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.
How to apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (ngotenders.net) you saw this job posting.