About Human Appeal
Here at Human Appeal we have an exciting opportunity for a Head of Programmes to be based at our Pakistan office. This is a 12 month fixed term contract, with potential for permanent role depending on availability of funding. The salary is depending on experience and expertise. You will be reporting to the Country Director, Pakistan.
Human Appeal (HA) is a faith-based charity that aims to abolish poverty by providing humanitarian aid, sustainable development programs and championing advocacy for our beneficiaries worldwide. Human Appeal has 7 International Field Offices across Africa, Asia and the Middle East (Iraq, Lebanon, Pakistan, Palestine, Somalia, Turkey, and Yemen).
Main Job Purpose
Oversee the coordination and administration of all aspects of related to ongoing programs activities, including planning, organizing, staff leading and controlling programmes activities for the successful delivery of the whole proposed change, co-ordination of the programmes, projects and management of their inter-dependencies.
Essential Job Responsibilities
· Establish and maintain systems for programmes operations in accordance with HA policies and procedures to lead the implementation of the International programmes strategy in line with Human Appeal’s vision, mission and core values.
· Represent and safeguard the image, reputation and interests of HA at office, field and community perspective.
· Attend Cluster meetings and other important forums via engagement with UN, NGOs, CBOs and government line ministries on developing and ensuring adherence to minimum humanitarian standards in the implementation of projects;
· Develop and implement long-term goals and objectives to achieve the successful outcome of the programmes.
· Contribute and lead programmes development efforts by identifying opportunities and working with programmes Team to draft proposals to respond to those opportunities, as well as the delivery of programmes, ensuring programme effectiveness through Head office, Sub-offices and partner teams.
· Plan, Design and implement staff capacity development and relevant trainings to provide guidance to programmes staff on all issues related to programmes implementation.
· Implement Day-to-day and on the ground management of the emergency project team.
· Report the progress of the programme(s) at regular intervals through Concept Notes, Proposals, Project interim and completion reports, and project related presentations to the Country Director to monitor programme implementation process.
· Support program staff to generate high quality donor reports and ensure their submission in a timely manner.
· Oversee the preparation and submission of technical and programmes reports as per the grants agreement.
· Develop an annual program budget and operating plan to support the programmes, coordination closely with all other key departments including Finance, HR, logistic for development and execution of Core Competencies (Food Security & Livelihoods, Health, WASH) strategies.
· Ensure there is allocation of common resources and skills within the programme individual projects to maintain the dependencies and the interfaces between projects
· Provide cohesive humanitarian planning for office, ensuring that priorities and opportunities identified are in line with strategic plan and goals.
· Prepare the Employment Plan, Yearly – quarterly to programmes department according to grants.
· Facilitate the appointment of individuals to project teams by taking part in interview and recruitment of staffs’ especially when they are under programmes department.
· Accomplish human resource objectives by developing job descriptions, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions
· Manage third party contributions to the programmes.
· Financial oversight of the projects under his/her supervision. Responsible for ensuring financial management controls are effectively practiced through all programme levels to ensure value for money of budgets.
· Manage grant by identifying funding opportunities, developing competitive, responsive proposals that meet internal standards, and dealing with donors’ complaints to build, monitor and manage the quality of the open contracting grant portfolio.
· Maintain effective communication and relation with donors and other stakeholders in consultation with the country director to explore current and potential funding opportunities.
· Manage all projects funds according to established accounting policies and procedures as per HA regulations and donor compliance.
· In collaboration with the head of mission and Finance Manager maintain of all programmes financial activities and monitor the budget for each program to ensure effective management of agency and donor property.
· Monitor budgeted vs actual expenditure (BvA) as provided by Finance whilst mitigating any budget variances
· Mitigate and reduce financial risks to the operational delivery of regional Office’s objectives.
Monitoring and Evaluation
· In coordination and collaboration with the Monitoring and Evaluation Department, develop a programmes evaluation system to assess the strengths of each program and to identify and implement action plans regarding areas for improvement to ensure MEAL processes and framework are in place.
· Identify and evaluate the risks and possible threats associated with Programmes activities and take appropriate action to control the risks.
· In cooperation with programmes staff, oversee the implementation of a monitoring and evaluation plan for all the projects, in line with the donor guidelines, and ensure that activity, impact and output data is captured in an accurate and efficient manner, and that programs are continually tailored to optimize quality and impact levels.
· Follow up Monitoring and Evaluation reports, recommend and implement changes to enhance the programmes, as appropriate
· Ensure full accountability to both donors and beneficiaries and be responsible for continuously improving transparency and value for money and programmatic impact.
Experience and Technical Competencies
- University degree in Business Management required. Master degree or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of INGO experience with at least 3 years of successful project management experience in the humanitarian field.
- Strong people skills, flexible and responsive to the needs of the team as well as the wider organization
- Highly reliable, able to consistently meet tight deadlines.
- Experience in formulating strategies and concepts associated with projects management.
- Proven experience in delivering results and meeting stakeholders’ expectation and being able to adapt and respond to change.
- Excellent written and spoken English and Arabic language skills, essential. All other languages are a bonus.
- Experience in using MS office suite.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Manager of Programmes or/and Head of Programmes to take the step in their career by joining our rapidly expanding global organisation.
How to apply
We are looking for immediate hires so for the best chance of success please apply today as we will be reviewing candidates on a rolling basis.
To apply please visit the link below :