Organization: Polish Humanitarian Action – Polska Akcja Humanitarna
PAH in South Sudan is looking for aHead of Programmes
- Organization: Polish Humanitarian Action (PAH)
- Position: Head of Programmes
- Location: South Sudan
- Contract details: 3 months probation period with possibility of extension
- Starting date: ASAP
What PAH is about:
Polish Humanitarian Action (PAH) is a non-governmental organization employing people who want to make the world a better place. For over 25 years, we have been providing relief in big and small emergencies worldwide alongside with running missions in several countries in crisis. Our interventions of both humanitarian and development character have been carried out in 49 countries so far. We concentrate on ensuring sustainable and stable development of regions suffering consequences of war and/or natural disasters. We possess long-standing expertise in Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), but also implement projects in Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL), as well as Shelter, Nutrition and Education. For more information, please refer towww.pah.org.pl.
PAH in South Sudan:
PAH has been working in South Sudan since 2006 as one of the first NGOs established in Jonglei State. We are a small team of committed individuals aiming at delivering tangible and sustainable change in the largest, most populous and most conflicted state of South Sudan. We are needs- and community based, hence aside drilling and repairing boreholes, developing accompanying O&M structures and innovative approaches to sanitation and hygiene promotion, we have also been developing our emergency response capacity. Our Emergency Response Team (ERT) mainly reacts to WASH and NFI needs of populations affected by conflicts and natural disasters, which have been on the increase for the past two years. Thanks to the expertise gathered over the years, we were also appointed to lead WASH Cluster in the state: we coordinate WASH emergency response with partners and hence make sure all vulnerable communities are served at the time of crisis.
Who PAH is looking for:
PAH in South Sudan is looking for a new Head of Programmes. The person will hold the following responsibilities:
Programme staff management and capacity building:
- Leads the programmes team for the South Sudan mission, including hiring and management of staff, performance reviews and developing supportive relations and develops project staff.
Program strategy and program development:
- In cooperation with the Head of Mission, develops a long-term strategy for programmes on the mission in South Sudan, operationalizes and leads its implementation.
- Identifies new sources of funding, positions, leads needs assessments, designs programs, develops proposals and negotiates partnerships.
Programme quality assurance:
- Defines the common approach and standards for WASH, emergency shelter/NFI, food security and livelihoods program and monitors their coherent application across programmes.
- Leads the documentation of lessons learnt and ensures these lessons are incorporated into new programmes.
Programme Implementation & Coordination:
- Controls the timely and effective implementation of activities as well as use of budget and other resources enabling synergies in the programme.
- Liaises and engages in cooperation with stakeholders such as donors, institutions, authorities, international and national non-governmental organizations, international organizations (IOs), and clusters representing PAH.
What PAH requires:
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in humanitarian sector including experience with at least one institutional donor,
- Documented successes in applying for institutional and private funds,
- Strong communication skills in a culturally diverse environment,
- Resourcefulness, initiative,
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines,
- Strong administrative and organizational skills,
- At least a C1 proficiency in written and spoken English,
- Good knowledge of MS Office packages,
- Bachelor’s degree,
- Driving license.
What PAH offers:
- A full time position with a probationary period of 3 months,
- Monthly salary calculated based on experience,
- A challenging, exciting and active job in an organization combining emergency and development work,
- Free cost of accommodation on PAH premises in Juba and in the field,
- Per diem paid for each day spent on the Mission on top of the salary,
- Annual leave of 26 working days,
- Flights home covered,
- Medical and life insurance.