The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration of two years. Employment location will be Niamey, Niger (NE).
Due to the ongoing conflict with Boko Haram in Nigeria, Niger, the Chad and Cameroon, the security situation is still tense in the Diffa region and the state of emergency continues to apply. According to OCHA, the number of internally displaced persons, refugees and returnees in July 2018 amounted to almost 250,000 persons (118 868 refugees, 104 288 internally displaced persons and 25 731 returnees). After three years of emergency response, Welthungerhilfe is willing to improve people’s food and nutrition security in order to bring them reducing their vulnerability and strengthening their resilience through an integrated and multi sector approach.
Integrated approach: the proposed action aims to address the root causes of vulnerability and develop a comprehensive approach to resilience with the common denominator of youth in the region. In addition to the emergency activities already carried out in the area, the aim is to gradually orient interventions towards economic recovery and population recovery, in order to “create economic and employment opportunities and facilitate returns. This approach, that targeting both IDPs (refugees, internally displaced persons (IDPs), returnees) and host communities, will take into account specific support for the most vulnerable, and will seek to invest in potential, including young people and women. Local decentralized structures will also be taken into account.
Multi-sectoral approach: the proposed action aims to respond to urgent basic needs through the construction / rehabilitation of socio-community infrastructure, access to basic social services (water, health, education), while ensuring development capacity building, through food security activities, nutrition, livelihoods and professional training. The aim is to create employment opportunities and strengthen the local economic fabric, while building the capacity of local actors and supporting innovative solutions, particularly in the field of agriculture.
The aims of the job are to manage and implement projects based on specified directives in terms of content, schedule and budget. The project is carried out in accordance with Welthungerhilfe standards and the directives/provisions of the co-financer. The Head of Project is responsible for the operative implementation of the project and the appropriate use of the funds. He/she is responsible for coordination, planning and implementation, correctly and duty reporting to Welthungerhilfe’s Country Office as well as to the donor.
- Carrying out the project according to the rules and standards of the co-financing donors and Welthungerhilfe
- Ensuring that all project relevant support is in place (Monitoring, logistics, Finance administration, etc.)
- Responsibility for modifying and continuing project planning and the project budget
- Supporting the identification of co-financing opportunities to be pursued and ensuring the timely development of successful project proposals in line with the relevant donor regulations and strategies
- Representing project in sector meeting and other forums
- Reporting to the Country Director and Head of Program on the progress of the project and all risks associated with the project work
- Managing staff according to Welthungerhilfe principles, staff policies and Welthungerhilfe strategy
- Responsibility for the implementation and the monitoring of the security management system of Welthungerhilfe in the project area
- Representing Welthungerhilfe in project region vis-à-vis relevant regional and local authorities and expands network with the relevant stakeholders
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, Management, International Development or Agriculture
- 3-5 Years previous experience managing programming in complex multi sector project in food security and nutrition as well as ability to manage teams remotely
- Experience and outstanding skills in program design, developing proposals, reporting, M&E documents, work-plans, budgets and other project documents
- Experience working in consortium
- Knowledge of regulatory, contractual, legal and financial compliance requirements associated with international donor funding especially with European Union
- Willingness to travel to the field and overnight at field sites with various levels of privation
- Professional proficiency in French, English (verbal and written) German will be an asset
We offer you co-operation in a highly dedicated team and a responsible scope of tasks. Of course, a comprehensive training is also part of our offer.
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by October 27, 2018 by following this link:https://career5.successfactors.eu/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=3736&company=WelthungerP&usern…=