Welthungerhilfe (www.welthungerhilfe.de) is one of the large and respected private organisations in the field of development cooperation and humanitarian aid in Germany. It carries out projects in 39 countries and campaigns for fairer cooperation with developing countries. If you are prepared to dedicate yourself to carrying out projects under sometimes difficult conditions and you match the requirements set out below, we look forward to receiving your application for the position of
Head of Project (m/f)
in Cox’s Bazar
The postition is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration until August 31, 2019. Employment location will be Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh.
The objectives of the job are to manage and implement projects on the basis of specified directives in terms of content, schedule and budget. The project is carried out in accordance with Welthungerhilfe (WHH) standards and the directives/provisions of the German Federal Foreign Office (AA). The Head of Project (HoP) is responsible for the operative implementation of the project and the appropriate use of funds. He/she is responsible for coordination, planning and implementation, correctly and duly reporting to the WHH Head of Mission.
- Technical and administrative planning, supervision and coordination of aid measures
- Documentation of the measures in accordance with the guidelines and standards of Welthungerhilfe and donors (including production of reports)
- Monitoring, analysis and identification of new measures
- Ensuring the necessary flow of information and transparency of the project for the public in the deployment country
- Continually assess capacity of the national partner to deliver programming and ensure capacity building is delivered to meet any gaps identified
- Provide comprehensive consultation to the national partner on all aspects related to the project delivery (technical programming, logistics and procurement, financial & administrative management, donor compliance, etc.)
- Regular travel to project locations in order to maintain effective oversight of project activities
- Active participation in relevant humanitarian cluster/network meetings
- A university or technical degree in the fields of emergency aid, food security and livelihoods, WASH, or a comparable specialized qualification suitable to the position
- At least 3 years experience in humanitarian project management, coupled with management of staff welfare and budgetary responsibility
- Solid experience of WASH programming in emergencies
- Experience of working in cooperation with national partner organizations and coordinating consortia
- Sound understanding of logistics and procurement processes
- Familiarity with AA financed projects and previous experience in Bangladesh are a plus
- A high level of physical and mental resilience and willingness to work in a high pressure humanitarian emergency setting
- Fluency in the English language (verbal and written communication)
We offer you co-operation in a highly dedicated team and a responsible scope of tasks. Furthermore, we facilitate a flexible organisation of working time. The remuneration is based on an in-house salary scheme. Of course, a comprehensive training is also part of our offer.
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by September 25, 2018