The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration of one year. There are very good prospects for an extension. Employment location will be Bangui, Central African Republic.
As Head of Project you will be managing a BMZ funded project focusing on vocational training for young people. Through this project you will reduce crime and migration among young people by creating new perspectives for them and improving their level of education and training. In this way you will enable the beneficiaries of this project to earn a living for themselves and their families.
- Carrying out the project according to the rules and standards of the donors and Welthungerhilfe
- Preparing key project documents, e.g. operation plan, M&E plan, quarterly internal report and reports to donors
- Managing the project team and all activities related to the project
- Developing standardized curricula for the agricultural vocational training for unemployed youth and internally displaced persons
- Implementing appropriate teaching and learning strategies, guidance mechanisms and lesson/work plans to communicate subject matter to students
- Ensuring that all relevant infrastructure is in place through close coordination with infrastructure advisors
- Establishing good working relationships with donors, ministries, communities and other stakeholders
- A university or polytechnic degree in the field of Agriculture
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience in project management of complex projects from different sectors (education and agriculture)
- Experience in training community-based vocational skills and agricultural teaching
- BMZ Donor experience would be an advantage
- Excellent communication skills and intercultural sensibility in a multinational working environment
- Hands on mentality
- Excellent spoken and written French, knowledge of English and German would be an advantage
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under“Our benefits”.
*We welcome applications from all people, regardless of gender, confession, or origin. In case of equal qualification, people with disabilities will be given preferential consideration.
How to apply
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by August 16, 2020 by following this link.Your contact person is Carolin Moellenbeck.