Position Title :Head of Resources Management
Duty Station :Kigali, Rwanda
Classification :Professional Staff, Grade P3
Type of Appointment :Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date :As soon as possible
Closing Date :21 May 2020
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leadingUN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental andnon-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Read more about diversity and inclusion at IOM atwww.iom.int/diversity.
Applications are welcome from first- and second-tier candidates, particularly qualified female candidates as well as applications from the non-represented member countries of IOM. For all IOM vacancies, applications from qualified and eligible first-tier candidates are considered before those of qualified and eligible second-tier candidates in the selection process.
For the purpose of this vacancy, the following are considered first-tier candidates:
- Internal candidates
- Candidates from the following non-represented member states:Antigua and Barbuda; Cabo Verde; Comoros; Cook Islands; Cuba; Djibouti; Fiji; Gabon; Grenada; Guinea-Bissau; Guyana; Holy See; Iceland; Kingdom of Eswatini; Kiribati; Lao People’s Democratic Republic (the); Latvia;Libya; Marshall Islands; Micronesia (Federated States of); Montenegro; Namibia; Nauru; Palau; Papua New Guinea; Saint Kitts and Nevis; Saint Lucia; Saint Vincent and the Grenadines; Samoa; Sao Tome and Principe; Seychelles; Solomon Islands; Suriname; The Bahamas; Timor-Leste; Tonga; Tuvalu; Vanuatu
Second tier candidates include:
All external candidates, except candidates from non-represented member states.
Under the direct supervision of the Chief of Mission (CoM) in Rwanda and in close coordination with the Regional Resources Management Officer in Regional Office (RO) Nairobi, the Department of Resources Management (DRM) at Headquarters (HQ), the Administrative Centres in Manila and Panama, the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for managing the budgetary, financial, human resources and administrative functions in procurement, logistic, IT and security of the Country Office (CO).
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Monitor and oversee the financial management for all activities in Rwanda including the oversight of financial expenditure and accountability; undertake financial analysis of projects in the CO.
- Prepare donor financial reports in accordance with IOM regulations, establish procedures, undertake review and analyse project receivables versus expenditure making sure projects do not reach deficits and initiate timely remedial action if necessary.
- Forecast cash flows according to activities in the CO and ensure daily control of funds disbursed; ensure funding is received in accordance with donor agreements.
- Prepare annual budget for the CO, monitor budget control and analyse variances between budget and actual expenditures, and assist in the preparation of budgets for new programmes.
- Inspect payroll versus budgets, ensuring that salaries are correctly allocated to projects consistent with IOM’s projectization criteria.
- Make recommendations on procedural improvements and assist in training local staff in the relevant areas of administration and finance.
- Review existing systems and procedures and, if necessary, recommend possible improvements to strengthen internal monitoring, evaluation and control systems and improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Assist CoM in managing the human resources function and make recommendations on recruitment, retention, promotion and separation of local staff. Interpret and apply HR polices, rules and regulations and make recommendations for resolving difficult or sensitive cases.
- Supervise the CO’s administrative functions, including procurement and logistics, IT and security, services, including contracts with suppliers for goods and services, recruitment, retention, promotion, separation and other related activities in accordance with the organization’s policies and procedures.
- Liaise with other internal functional units of the CO as well as banking, donors and government counterparts and other stakeholders as required in the performance of the accounting function. Liaise with relevant units at HQs regarding the financial and administrative activities of the CO.
- Ensure project managers comply with general instructions of IOM and relevant permanent instructions for the CO, namely in the areas of general administration, finance and human resources.
- Coordinate the security of the facilities and personnel training of security staff and coordination with the UN security cells, ensure that all staff reasonable measures are taken with regards to security of the office premises and equipment.
- Participate and contribute to One-UN Operations Management Team meetings and working groups on HR, Procurement and Finance, IT and security.
- Provide administrative, Human Resources and financial oversight of the Field activities where necessary.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration or a related field from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with seven years of relevant professional experience.
• Professional certification as chartered accountant (CA) or certified public accountant (CPA), Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), or Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) will be a distinct advantage.
• Experience in financial management, accounting and budgeting;
• Experience with internal control assessment, internal audit and/or external audit;
• Experience in preparing clear and concise reports;
• Experience working with international institutions; and
• Experience in Procurement, Logistics, IT and security an advantage.
• Knowledge of IOM’s regulations, policies and procedures;
• Knowledge of International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS) and SAP an advantage; and
• Knowledge of IOM accounting systems, software and procedures an advantage.
IOM’s official languages are English, French, and Spanish.
For this position, fluency in English is required (oral and written). Working knowledge of French and/or Spanish is an advantage.
1 Accredited Universities are the ones listed in the UNESCO World Higher Education Database
Values– all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
•Inclusion and respect for diversity:respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
•Integrity and transparency:maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
•Professionalism:demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies– behavioural indicators level 2
•Teamwork:develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
•Delivering results:produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
•Managing and sharing knowledge:continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
•Accountability:takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
•Communication:encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies– behavioural indicators level 2
•Leadership:provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
•Empowering others & building trust:creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
•Strategic thinking and vision:works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
IOM’s competency framework can be found at this link.https://www.iom.int/sites/default/files/about-iom/iom_revised_competency_framework_external.pdf
Competencies will be assessed during a competency-based interview.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
This selection process may be used to staff similar positions in various duty stations. Recommended candidates endorsed by the Appointments and Postings Board will remain eligible to be appointed in a similar position for a period of 24 months.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Vacancies close at 23:59 local time Geneva, Switzerland on the respective closing date. No late applications will be accepted.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 21 May 2020 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
IOM only accepts duly completed applications submitted through the IOM e-Recruitment system. The online tool also allows candidates to track the status of their application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For further information please refer to:www.iom.int/recruitment
From 08.05.2020 to 21.05.2020
IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training or other fee). 10M does not request any information related to bank accounts.
Requisition: VN 2020 90 Head of Resources Management Officer (P3) Kigali, Rwanda (56429227) Released
Posting: Posting NC56429228 (56429228) Released