Organization: Norwegian Refugee Council
Closing date:01 Oct 2018
The Norwegian Refugee Council is seeking an exceptional professional to join the Ethiopia country programme in as Head of Support. As one of NRCs largest country programmes in the East Africa & Yemen Region, the Head of Support will provide overall leadership to the Ethiopia support operations. Our ideal candidate has 4+ years of experience in a similar role as Senior Manager; and is looking for role in which they can utilize their highly developed skills in leadership, strategic thinking and problem solving.
• Provide overall leadership of the Support function including: Finance, HR, Admin, Logistics, IT.
• Ensure timely and relevant support to the Area Offices within the functions of HR, Logistics, Finance, Admin and ICT.
• Lead on the support function’s global ambitions and initiatives
• Facilitate the Support functions strategic input to the development of the Country Strategy and Plan of Action
• Ensure strong support systems are in place and provide strategic development of country structures, technical systems, human resource capacity and allocation
• Ensure overall quality support to project implementation
• Responsible for the strategic development of country structures, technical systems, human resource capacity and allocation
• Technical line management and capacity building of the support unit
• Ensure Country compliance with and adherence to NRC policies, guidance and handbooks and donor/auditor requirements
*A full job description can be found on our website*
• Minimum first level university/bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Human Resources, Finance or relevant and related field.
• Minimum 4 years’ experience from a senior management position in a humanitarian/ recovery context
• Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
• Allocation of resources and costs expertise
• Strong leadership skills, with expertise in managing human resources
• Proactive with the ability to lead on initiatives and drive change
• Practical understanding and experience in finance and logistics
• Fluency in English, both written and verbal
• Knowledge of the context in Ethiopia is desirable
• Previous NRC experience is desirable
• Strategic thinking
• Managing performance and development
• Empowering and building trust
• Managing resources to optimize results
• Duty Station: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
• Contract Duration: 2 years
• Salary/Benefits: Competitive salary & benefits package in a family duty station
• NRC may be required to verify the identify of its partners and check that its partners have not been involved in illegal activity. NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose.
To apply, please visitwww.nrc.no/vacancies
*Females are highly encouraged to apply*