Bahar Organization is an independent non-profit and non-governmental organization that provides humanitarian aids to vulnerable people without any discrimination in all its forms. BO is operating to response for the needs and basic requirement of the humanitarian crisis in Syria in the middle of the affected communities caused by the conflict the basic principles of BO’s activities are to enhance the basic life standards to the affected population by delivering the humanitarian aid based on the needs.
The purpose of this position is to ensure quality implementation of the health and nutrition components of the program at field level.
• Support the mission, vision, and core values of BAHAR
• Comply with BAHAR policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities, and other relevant policies and procedures.
• Participate in the mapping exercise of health and nutrition services provided by BAHAR.
• Ensure that all project implementation sites have all the required inputs to enable them implement quality program
• Ensure all facilities/MCs have adequate drugs, medical supplies to smoothly run activities
• Conduct supportive supervision of fixed and mobile health and nutrition activities using supervision checklist constantly including on-the-job training on the findings of supervision
• Compile comprehensive training reports
• Support Assessing knowledge gaps amongst field staff and stakeholders and support and conduct trainings to enhance knowledge and skills of staff and partners including VHW on maternal, IYCF and other health/ nutrition concepts related to the project
• Support the field teams in conducting home visits, nutrition screening, IYCF counseling, defaulter tracing and other tasks.
• Ensure accurate department related data is collected and submitted on time
• Compile quality activity report including supervision report on biweekly basis
• Participate in the design and production of appropriate maternal, infant and young child feeding messages for promoting behavior change.
• Compile program reports (training reports, Biweekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports) as required and ensure timely submission.
• Perform any other duties as delegated by the Health & Nutrition Coordinator
• BSc in Nutritional Sciences or other related medical fields.
• 1-2 years NGO experiences in the area of nutrition programming, experience in both health and nutrition will be an added advantage.
• Strong communication & interpersonal skills; comfortable engaging in dialogue with a range of actors.
• Experience in health and/or nutrition projects
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Good computer skills – Microsoft word, power point and excel
• Experience in engaging the community and community mobilization
• Ability to work with minimum supervision.
• Willingness to travel to project areas within the north of Syria
How to apply
Interested candidates should apply by completing the form with the following link:
Turkish national candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
The post will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is found. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.