ABOUT SYRIA CIVIL DEFENCE
The Syria Civil Defence (also known as The White Helmets) is a community-based first responder and community worker organization established as a response to the Syrian conflict. The organization has been working in non-regime-held areas inside Syria, currently joining nearly 3,000 volunteers operating through 87 community-based teams and 33 women’s points. Their work has received unparalleled levels of international recognition and support for a local organization in war, becoming a symbol of humanity and inspiration not only in Syria but internationally.
Syria Civil defence receive both governments and private funding with an annual budget of around 25 Million USD. Our Headquarter is in Syria and we operate support offices in Turkey and overseas.
We are committed to the principals of independence, humanity and impartiality. We work in accordance with the international humanitarian laws and we measure our performance by how good our teams’ civilian protection service is, as judged by the civilians we serve.
We pledge to do whatever we can, wherever we can, for as long as we can to protect the Syrian civilians and to achieve a lasting justice in Syria and for all Syrians.
SCD is an equal opportunities employer and applications are actively encouraged from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
SCOPE OF WORK
The Syrian Civil Defence Organization is seeking to hire a Health Coordinator to coordinate and ensure smooth implementation of the ambulance project and other health projects in the health sector. And ensuring proper operational and financial control, providing necessary guidance and support to the team, as well as ensuring proper coordination with other departments.
Job Title: Health Coordinator
Duty Station: Istanbul/ Gaziantep Office
Contracting Type: Annual Contract (Renewable)
Line Manager: Programmes Director
Line management responsibility: Projects’ team (When hired)
Full/Part-Time: Full time
Probation Period: 3 months
Tasks and Activities
· Act as SCD representative to all relevant stakeholders for all matters concerning the Medical project as clusters, working groups, partners, and donors.
· Develop and maintain strategic relationships with local partners, local authorities, and other relevant actors.
· Maintain regular and effective communication with field staff and Turkey office.
· Work to write new proposals related to the Ambulance or medical sector.
· Daily intensive coordination with the project team (finance, logistics, monitoring and evaluation, human resources, and all project activities’ stakeholders of the Syria Civil Defense.
· Regular and intensive coordination with the Programmes Director to share the progress of project activities
· Work closely with the Syrian civil defence departments to assess the needs of the civil defence community.
· Coordinate with the Syrian and international coordination bodies regarding the planning and implementation of project activities
· Share project progress reports on a regular basis.
· Coordinate periodically with his/her peers of project coordinators and share all information required in a smooth and professional manner.
· Contribute to creating a positive working environment for team members.
Project implementation and management:
· Write projects’ proposals (logical framework, budget, work plan, etc.) as needed for the health sector.
· Develop and follow up on the implementation of the project’s implementation plan in full coordination with the project team.
· Ensure that the project’s objectives and plans are implemented on time, scope, and within budget and in accordance with donor/partner/ stakeholder compliance requirements.
· Follow up and evaluate the progress of the project activities and determine the necessary corrective actions according to the approved procedures.
· Set up and monitor project budget and expenses and ensuring compliance with plans.
· Writing periodic and final narrative projects’ reports in time to meet the requirements of SCD management and donors.
· Ensure that all supporting reports and documentation of project activities are prepared in time and reviewed and shared with donors in full coordination with relevant departments
· Work with the program team in the search for new projects and assist in the evaluation of existing projects.
· Assist the Programmes Director in developing action plans for all relevant program activities.
· Assisting the Programmes Director in writing and developing funding requests and ensure that they match the actual needs, field teams’ capacities, overall program objectives, and donor priorities.
· Ensure that all health projects activities implemented according to SCD policies.
· Ensure that all health project activities are carried out in accordance with humanitarian principles and international humanitarian law.
· Ensure permanent updating of the project database.
· Ensure technical medical guidance, support and overview on the project activities, procurements, and recruitments.
· Respect and apply all the PSEA and CP principles, and show high commitment to report any PSEA action
Human Resource Management:
· Contributing to the recruitment process of the project team according to the SCD policies and technical needs of the projects
· Effective management of the team and ensure they have opportunities to build their experience and knowledge
· Ensure all team members have a work plan, the performance management plan is in place and regular performance reviews are conducted.
Required Qualifications Education, Experience, and Technical Skills
· University Degree in Medicine, preferably in Emergency Medicine or Public Health, or other related Health Sciences.
· 3 years of experience in project management in the health sector (experience in Ambulance Systems Managements is an asset).
· Excellent Knowledge of Syria humanitarian context.
· Clear understanding of the donors’ requirements, standards and perspectives
· Experience in Ambulance Systems Management
· Experience in PMD.
· Experience in medical first aid and primary damage control
· Experience in reporting and proposal writing.
· Good knowledge about ambulance equipment and consumables
· Good knowledge of budget design and management.
· Good knowledge of logistics and procurement standards and alternative procedures.
Required inter-personal skills
· Communication – Planning and Organizing – Teamwork – Accountability – Creativity
· Leadership – Building Trust – Performance Management – Decision-making
Ability to work in emergency situations
Required computer skills
· Advanced level in MS. Word, MS. Excel, and MS. outlook.
· Familiar with cloud storage (Google drive, dropbox) and file sharing
· Proficiency in using Microsoft Office tools
· WordPress website management
· Native or fluent Arabic (Speaking and writing)
· Very good level in English language
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for this position, please fill out the application form on this link and attach your CV and a covering letter explaining your background, suitability for the role and interest in what we do.
Closing date for application:
22nd of October 2020
Only shortlisted applicants who meet the required job qualifications will be contacted.