Shafak was officially established in 10-10-2013 (registration no. 27-016-129). It was founded during the early months of the Syrian Crisis in 2011. At its core, Shafak is a grassroots NGO that was formed by Syrians for Syrians, with the intent of addressing the needs of their life with dignity, equality and humanity with a focus on sustainability and autonomy.
Shafak is an impartial, independent, non-profit NGO that exists for the express purpose of providing humanitarian services to vulnerable people regardless of political or religious affiliations and on the long run to contribute to recover and rebuilding the society on freedom, justice and equality basis.
Key areas of accountability and responsibilities:
· Responsible for developing a strategy for the Health program to be consistent with the organization’s strategy and Health program.
· Responsible for developing Health program’s scope, objectives, and work plans.
· Supervising all protection’s project.
· Preparing reports to Health program manager about Health activities.
· Supervising logistic & procurement procedures in Health program.
· Participating in establish qualification staff team in Health program and projects with cooperation with HR department, according to organization strategy.
· Distribute the responsibilities and duties (by HR assistance) on the staff, and ensure that everyone understand his missions.
· Monitor developing the project activities in every step through direct supervising on project.
· Oversee archiving all documents that belong program and projects.
· Attending meetings, workshops, and congresses that belong project in coordination with program manager.
· Commitment to the policies of Shafak, including:
- Child Safeguarding Policy
Child abuse in all forms is unacceptable to Shafak, which recognizes its responsibility to protect children from harm in all areas of its work. Shafak Is committed to ensuring a child-safe environment and is applying a zero-tolerance approach towards any kind of child abuse and exploitation.
- Discrimination, Abuse and Harassment Policy
Shafak expressly prohibits and will not tolerate any form of discrimination, abuse, harassment (sexual or otherwise), based upon race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship status, disability, or military status. Shafak employees and related personnel must under no circumstances take part in any form of discrimination, harassment, or abuse (physical, sexual or verbal), intimidation or exploitation, or in any other way infringe the rights of others inside or outside Shafak.
Notice: We will discuss these policies during interview, so if you are asked to interview please download and read them beforehand:
Required Qualifications, Experience and Attributes
o Turkish Nationality
o Medical Degree
o Experience in Health field at least two years.
o Ability to facilitate and serve as a program employee’s liaison.
o Fluent in English.
o Good in dealing with computer specially Microsoft office.
- Project management skills
- Experience in working with NGOs
- Turkish Language
You can apply through the link: