LOCAL NEWS / LOCAL NEWS
Dengue / Dengue fever
Dengue epidemic 2 in Tahiti since April 10, 2019, alert in Moorea, Bora-Bora and Nuku-Hiva
As of 08/07/2019, 144 indigenous cases and 2 imported cases of dengue 2 have been confirmed since early 2019.
- Tahiti is in an epidemic phase: the affected communes are Mahina, Arue, Papeete, Pirae, Faa’a, Punaauia, Paea, Papenoo, Hitiaa, Tiarei, Mataia, Papeari, Afaahiti-Taravao, Vairao and Taurira.
- Three islands are in the alert phase: Moorea (Papetoai), Bora-Bora (Vaitape and Faanui), Nuku-Hiva (Taiohae).
Reminders for prescribers:
1) Before a dengue-like syndrome (and only in this case):
- until D7, prescribe dengue first-intention PCR to confirm dengue diagnosis, identify serotype and determine new geographic areas affected by dengue fever 2 – after D7, prescribe serology – ask patient to protect against bites mosquitoes and limit their movements.
2) To carry out a permanent fight against the larval sites around the places of consultation.