Deadline: 3 January 2019
HER Fund is currently inviting applicants for its 2019/20 Grant Cycle with an aim to support women’s rights work in Hong Kong through fundraising, grant-making, capacity building and public education.
The small grants support is a seed grant, and a unique source that allow new initiatives for marginalized women to realize and to grow.
- Freedom from Violence:Violence against women is both a brutal consequence of gender inequalities and a key obstacle to equality. Violence against women includes violence in close relationships, sexual violence (including rape, sexual assault and harassment), economic abuse and diverse forms of harmful practices that negatively affect women’s physical and psychological well-being.
- Freedom from Discrimination:Discrimination can take many forms, many women are marginalized not only on the ground of their gender but also their age, citizen status, ethnic background identities, work and sexual orientations. Marginalized women are the most vulnerable who are at greatest risk of suffer economic hardship, social exclusion and violence.
- Freedom from Poverty:Freedom from Poverty is including the right to work and have an adequate income; access to health care and education; freedom of thought, expression and association; the right to maintain one’s cultural identity and be involved in a community’s cultural life.
- Promote Women’s Civil Participation:By participating in civil society, women and girls, especially the marginalized, help ensure that their needs and interests are taken into account by society which leads to the improvement of their situation.
The maximum grant amount will be HKD50,000.
- Organizations or groups whose mission and vision are against human rights
- Political parties
- Target participants are not in Hong Kong
How to Apply
Applicants must download the application form via given website.
Eligible Country: Hong Kong
For more information, please visit https://www.herfund.org.hk/en/article/grant