World Learning is a leading international non-profit organization advancing education, systems strengthening, and inclusive development through programming around the world. We are seeking an experiencedHigher Education Expertfor the anticipated USAID-funded Higher Education Capacity Development program in Lebanon focused on strengthening higher education institutions to equip students with the necessary technical, soft, and leadership skills to excel in the labor market with the goal of increased workforce development linked to job opportunities.
The Higher Education Expert will oversee design of higher education systems strengthening approaches, including leading technical assistance related to improving higher education institutions’ internal organizational and management systems; establishing and strengthening partnerships between higher education institutions and private sector; curriculum improvement and faculty development to better align teaching and learning to labor market demands; designing sustainable academic and job readiness skills development services within higher education institutions; and advising on institutional accreditation, certification, and competency frameworks. The ideal candidate will be a dynamic individual and a recognized leader in the higher education sector in Lebanon; will demonstrate knowledge or education sector work related to higher education and workforce development; will have experience working with government and/or private sector in the development of training modules, assessments, and extracurricular activities; and will possess the ability to respectfully collaborate with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
• Provide overall management, oversight, and direction to the program’s higher education and workforce development approach, including development of standards, benchmarks, and assessment systems;
• Coordinate with and provide technical assistance to selected higher education institutions in the analysis and appraisal of organizational and management systems, quality of instruction, curriculum reform efforts, materials development, and partnerships required to strengthen linkages to the private sector and improve student’s job readiness and ability to secure employment;
• Lead technical assistance and dialogue related to higher education capacity development, reform, and sustainability with the higher education institutions, MEHE, private sector, and other stakeholders;
• Research international accreditation options for institutions and particular academic programs and provide guidance to higher education institutions on their options;
• Ensure complementarity of program approaches across the country, liaise with government representatives and technicians on technical matters, and bear ultimate responsibility for ensuring that targeted institutions achieve improved outcomes;
• Build community and host country government awareness regarding the importance of youth employment and the vital role of higher education institutions, private sector, and the government;
• Work with senior project staff to help analyze and reflect on monitoring and evaluation data to continually inform and refine overall project design;
• Support and advise the COP in strategic and technical matters;
• Other responsibilities as assigned.
• Master’s degree or Doctorate degree in higher education administration, curriculum and instruction, education policy, guidance and counseling, labor market economics, business management, or related field; a focus on higher education system strengthening and workforce development, desired;
• A minimum of 7 years of demonstrated relevant experience managing capacity development and strategic planning activities in post-secondary education, preferably in Lebanon or the region;
• Familiarity with common organizational development tools and approaches to improving education (or related) systems, including those of USAID and other international organizations;
• Understanding of the development and higher education systems in Lebanon required; experience working in higher education administration, teaching, or student advising preferred; familiarity with university accreditation standards and processes preferred;
• Professional level of verbal and written fluency in English required and proficiency in Arabic and French required. Lebanon Nationals preferred;
• Commitment to inclusive programming that encourages full participation of individuals regardless of gender, disability status, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or other marginalized status.
World Learning is anequal employment opportunity/affirmative action/veterans/ADA employer, committed to increasing the diversity of its workforce.
Recruitment is contingent upon successful award of the project. Interested candidates should submit their CV or resume and cover letter (in English) to:firstname.lastname@example.org.Please include the post title on the subject line as well as a note explaining your qualifications for the position in the email body. Only finalist candidates will be contacted. No telephone enquiries please. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis and qualified candidates should apply as soon as possible.