Training Agency: Capacity Africa Training Institute
Application Deadline: 30th April 2019
Training Dates: 1st May 2019- 31st July 2019
Cost: USD 500
Capacity Africa is pleased to announce a Certificate Course in HIV and AIDS Management Online and Distance Learning Course, which starts 1st of every month
In the world today HIV/AIDS continues to be a major health and development challenge with the following alarming statistics.
- More than 34 million people now live with HIV/AIDS.
- 3 million Of them are under the age of 15.
- In 2012, an estimated 2.5 million people were newly infected with HIV.
- 330,000 were under the age of 15.
- Every day nearly 7,000 people contract HIV—nearly 300 every hour.
- In 2011, 1.7 million people died from AIDS.
- 230,000 of them were under the age of 15.
- Since the beginning of the epidemic, more than 60 million people have contracted HIV and nearly 30 million have died of HIV-related causes.
- More than two-thirds (69 percent) of all people living with HIV, 23.5 million, live in sub-Saharan Africa—including 91 percent of the world’s HIV-positive children.
- In 2011, an estimated 1.8 million people in the region became newly infected. An estimated 1.2 million adults and children died of AIDS, accounting for 71 percent of the world’s AIDS deaths in 2012.
The need to develop manpower in these disciplines has been necessitated by the fast increasing health problem resulting from ongoing processes like urbanization and HIV/AIDs which is coupled by the era of emerging and re-emerging infectious. For the country to cope with this, community health practitioners who will be able to tackle the issues from grassroots are needed.
DURATION AND COURSE LOAD: 8 Weeks – 5 to 6 hours per week
DATES: (Two Months) Course Starts 1st of Every Month.
REGIONS TARGETED: Global
COURSE FEE: $500
ORGANIZERS: Capacity Africa
LANGUAGE: English only
FORMAT: Web-based and Distance Learning facilitated
GENERAL COURSE CONTACT: firstname.lastname@example.org