Human Appeal is an incorporated UK charity, having its presence in 25 countries around the world to become the global agent of change for a just, caring and sustainable world.
Human Appeal is seeking local HR Legal Representative (Advisor)to join Human Appeal’s integral People and Culture (HR) department on consultancy basis. This Expression of Interest (EoI) is opened to the legal experts including individual(s), firm(s), and freelancer(s) having sound knowledge of Iraq Labour Laws and HR best practices & norms.
The successful candidate will provide HR and Legal advice to build the capacity of our UK-based International and Field based Iraq HR teams.
Profile:Providing reliable and strategically focused HR and Employment Law advice over the phone, face to face or via email to the Charity (Human Appeal) on all matters of HR from general to complex queries. An expert in employment labour law, with sound understanding of HR best practice and customs, and able to apply this experience within the workplace. Whether that be from an employment law or HR background, you will be passionate about saving lives and demonstrate a commitment to delivering amazing client service.
Responsibilities in General:The HR Legal Consultant (Advisor) will also be responsible for:
- Using expert HR and employment law knowledge to develop clear solutions for the charity for arising issues.
- Supporting and validating the development of HR templates and processes such as employee contracts or HR policies in line with labour law and best practise.
- Supporting in complex HR issues, employee relations and if required management of court cases, to ensure end to end resolution.
- Provide legal counselling in line with Labour law in KRI and Bagdad
- Advisory service or point of contact for HR queries including employee relations cases, employee legal disputes, disciplinarians, redundancy, right to work, etc.
Desirable(s): The successful candidate will ideally have;
- Prior experience of working with humanitarian organisations and NGO or have an interest or sound understanding of this sector.
- A good understanding of the HR issues faced by NGOs/SME’s and the ability to identify a wide range of strategic options to support them in facing challenging situations.
- Good written and spoken English and Arabic
How to apply:
All the applicants should fill in and submit a Questionnaire with this email along with their CVs/Applications/profiles and any applicant failed to do so should not be considered further.
- Please send your CV and Questionnaire to the following email: International.firstname.lastname@example.org
- To help us track our procurement effort, please indicate in your email where (ngotenders.net) you saw this tender/procurement notice.
Application Deadline: 26thDecember, 2020