- Closing date:14th October 2018 @ 23:59 BST *
- Location:Based in Nairobi
- Contract length:Open-ended
- Salary:in line with Oxfam Values, based on national salary benchmarks
One person in three in the world lives in poverty. Oxfam is determined to change that world by mobilizing the power of people against poverty.
Around the world, Oxfam works to find practical, innovative ways for people to lift themselves out of poverty and thrive. We save lives and help rebuild livelihoods when crisis strikes. And we campaign so that the voices of the poor influence the local and global decisions that affect them. In all we do, Oxfam works with partner organizations and alongside vulnerable women and men to end the injustices that cause poverty.
Oxfam is an international confederation of 20 organizations networked together in more than 90 countries,as part of a global movement for change, to build a future free from the injustice of poverty. The Oxfam International Secretariat is currently headquartered in Nairobi, with offices in Oxford, Washington DC, New York, Brussels, Geneva, and a liaison office with the Africa Union in Addis Ababa.
This post will be part of the GHT (Global Humanitarian Team).
We are looking for a HR Manager to lead HR services in the GHT and ensure the successful implementation of the Humanitarian strategy and work plans.
The GHT works across Oxfam, in particular with Oxfam country teams, and others to maximise the quality and impact of Oxfam’s humanitarian programme by
- Delivering rapid, safe and high-quality emergency scale up capacity.
- Supporting programme strategy, operational design, humanitarian preparedness andresponse.
- Capacity building across Oxfam and partner organisations.
- Supporting the gathering of evidence to enable learning, innovation and advocating for change across the sector.
- Working with Campaigns and Policy to influence for greater respect of the basic rights ofcrisis affected men and women.
- Working closely with affiliates in their roles as EAs, PAs, response work in media and policy for the best interests of the humanitarian programme as part of the one-Oxfam programme.
Fluency in English required and competence in French and/or Spanish is desirable.
To view the job description and for information on how to apply please go to the Oxfam International Website, found at:https://recruitment.oxfam.org/