We are recruiting an enthusiastic recruitment professional to join the team and support both the Africa Region and the Peace and Security Cluster.
Under the direct supervision and day to day coordination from the Talent Outreach Advisor in the People and Change Group (HQ) on behalf of the Africa Region and Peace and Security Cluster, the position will be accountable for the achievement of talent outreach results to the leadership of the Africa Region and the Peace and Security Cluster, globally.
The HR Specialist – Talent Outreach will work on strengthening UNOPS capacity to effectively source and attract the best talent, with a focus on qualified women.
The incumbent will actively support the two units in improving the diversity in their recruitment pipeline. Currently the focus is on improving the gender diversity within our workforce as explained in our Gender Parity strategy. The HR Specialist – Talent Outreach is expected drive the improvements of talent attraction and recruitment approaches, especially to attract qualified female candidates (with a special attention on diaspora) to hardship locations.
The HR Specialist – Talent Outreach will contribute to fostering a positive work environment, respectful of all genders, and ensure that the highest standards are observed.
S.he will have a sound understanding of international best practices in recruitment and diversity , together with an open mind for innovation, while being focused on delivering practical solutions. The role will require a relationship-driven approach and a result-driven mind-set to build and sustain global, regional and local networks that will expand UNOPS diverse talent network. Specific responsibilities (with a clear focus on women) include, but are not limited to:
- Drive and initiate outreach activities, to improve the quality of applications and their diversity, with the special focus on qualified women candidates.
- Identify and handle direct candidates searches for specific recruitment processes (headhunting) for example for technical positions in hardship locations.
- Identify and implement sourcing systems, tools, and approaches to attract qualified diverse candidates with a special attention for diaspora.
- Identify and implement special outreach initiatives to attract qualified professional
- Contribute to develop innovative recruitment campaigns including media, print, web/online content and event promotion for employer brand awareness.
- Promote and communicate UNOPS as an employer of choice, through relevant job fairs, social media platforms and other appropriate channels.
- Ensure the development of national capacity of HR colleagues on recruitment outreach.
- Develop and maintain influencing conversations with management to lead recruitment result in line with strategic objectives
- Identify and develop collaboration with relevant networks in order to attract qualified candidates; such as within female military veterans, military veterans with expertise in explosive hazard management and diaspora.
The location of the position will be Copenhagen, Denmark.
- At least a Bachelor degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline is required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience working in recruitment management or attraction of diaspora.
- Experience in direct sourcing of candidates (headhunting) is required.
- Experience in attracting candidates from African diaspora is highly desirable.
- Experience with military networks is highly desirable
- Experience in working on diversity and inclusion initiatives, such as gender parity, diversity and inclusion or similar areas, ideally within an international HR context, is desirable.
- Experience in designing and delivering training is desirable.
- Fluency in written and verbal English and French is required.
Contract type: International Individual Contractor Agreement
Contract level: IICA_2 (ICS 10)
Contract duration: Open-ended, subject to satisfactory performance and funding availability
For more details about the ICA contractual modality, please follow this link:
In order to apply for this role please follow the link below: