Job Title: Human Resources Advisor
Reports to: Executive Director
Availability: 30 hours per week (part time – about 80%)
Location: Brussels – Belgium
Duration: One (1) year contract under Belgium law – renewable
Starting date: 4 January 2021
Gross remuneration: Gross monthly salary between 3.425,32€ to 4089,59€ (commensurate with skills and experience)
About Protection International
Protection International (PI) is an international not-for-profit organisation registered in Belgium. In many parts of the world the defence of human rights evokes pressure, threats and attacks from state and non-state actors. PI works with local human rights movements to develop strategies and programmes that prevent and counter such pressure. It researches protection strategies and security management tools that protect human rights defenders, and shares its expertise in this area with people at risk due to their human rights work. PI tailors its approach to context and profile. Currently we work in South-East Asia, Africa, Europe and Latin-America, with presences in Thailand, Indonesia, Kenya, DR Congo, Colombia, Guatemala, Honduras and Belgium.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of the Executive Director, the Human Resources Coordinator will develop PI’s Human resources policy and procedures, as follows:
- Provide advice toManagement and Directors on human resources matters;
- Provide general support in the area of human resources management for our teams in the field, contributing to ensure consistency in PI work culture/standards in all PI offices;
- Ensure relevant PI Policies’ compliance and development (particulalry in relation to Staff regulations, Human Resources and Salary Policies, Gender and Diversity, Code of Conduct, Conflict of Interest) ;
- Manage recruitment and selection processes (including consultants and interns);
- Organizing on-boarding and off-boarding of staff (including facilitation of entry and exit interviews);
- Promote staff training initiatives and dedication to staff development;
- Assist PI managers to properly define the tasks of differentjob holders and when necessary re- orient and revise job descriptions;
- Develop a performance evaluation system for PI taking into account individual and organisational development priorities;
- Provide advice on workload management monitoring the psychosocial risks associated with PI’swork, and designing plans to recover people suffering from fatigue and to prevent burn out ;
- Develop safeguarding policies and practices as well as Covid-19 protection
- Design viable procedures forteamwork and the prevention and resolution of conflict;
- Organize team building activities;
- When required, provide support to Management in the preparation of a variety of reports, including for donors and Board of Directors;
- Provide support on HR related administration as necessary.
Skills & Experience required :
- Relevant university degree in social sciences (psychology, sociology, organisational management, among others);
- Minimum 7 years of experience with human resources management and/or administration;
- Enthusiastic, self-starter who is able to work autonomously, under pressure, in decentralised teams, and think outside the box;
- Fluency in English (written and oral) is essential – with the capacity to work and communicate well (orally and in writing) in French or Dutch. Good knowledge of Spanish is a strong asset.
- Sound knowledge of social security rules in Belgium; familitarity with other systems is a strong asset;
- Demonstrated capacity to orally communicate clearly and effectively to a wide range of – expert and non-expert audiences;
- Ability to create, compose and edit written materials;
- Familiarity and commitment to human rights work.
Terms of reference available here.
How to apply
PI is committed to being an equal opportunity employer; women professionals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Send your resume, cover letter and contact details of 3 references before 30 November 2020 to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org, making mention of ‘HR Advisor’ in the subject line. Please also include your name in the file name of your application documents, e.g. Fiona_Smith_CV.doc. Do not attach any certificates or reference letters at this stage of the recruitment process.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Further information about Protection International can be obtained from www.protectioninternational.org.