Organization:UN Children’s Fund
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential. Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone. And we never give up.
For every child, a champion
UNICEF South Sudan faces a complex operating environment, with challenges related to conflict and lack of road infrastructure. Our work has been focusing on lifesaving needs, tackling issues such as acute malnutrition, displacement and insecurity, and basic health. We are also continuing with regular programming, such as providing routine and supplementary immunization services, safe drinking water, access to sanitation, and strengthening early childhood development.
How can you make a difference?
Under the supervision of the Human Resources Manager, manage all Human Resources activities in accordance with the HR work plan, consistent with the Country Programme Management Plan, with focus on the support to 10 Field Offices in South Sudan Country Office.
Within the delegated authority and under the given organizational set-up, the incumbent may be assigned the primarily, shared, or contributory accountabilities for all or part of the following areas of major duties and key end-results.
- Act as the key HR focal point for all HR related issues for Field based staff. Conduct frequent field visits to the 10 offices and provide orientation briefing to all newly arrived staff, to ensure that staff based in the Field are fully supported and their issues handled efficiently and timely, in coordination with Chief of Field Offices and Management in Juba.
- Promote equity, transparency and consistency in the interpretation, determination and administration of international and local conditions of service, terms of employment, benefits and allowances in accordance with UNICEF regulations and rules. Advise management and staff on correct interpretation and application of HR policies and procedures and provide counselling as required.
- Manage all the individual contractors and individual consultants’ contracts. Ensure the compliance with the relevant policy on the recruitment and use of consultants, including the review of ToRs and recommendations, fees negotiations and all other requirements, in coordination with the relevant Sections. Ensure the proper consultancy contract management in Vision, coordinate the tracking system of the consultants including extensions and separations and act as secretary of CRC (Contract Review Committee) meetings providing appropriate and relevant advices on individual consultancy contract management.
- Support the office’s administrative and technical needs for professional officers, general service and temporary staff by implementing and administering effective and speedy recruitment procedures. Ensure organizational targets (geographic distribution, gender, etc.) are met while not compromising on the recruitment and retention of national staff of the highest calibre. Team with supervisors in the recruitment process to ensure integrity and merit in all selection procedures while supporting the needs of managers and goals of diversity. Promote equity, transparency and consistency in the selection and placement of staff.
- Ensure appropriate and timely actions for renewals of contracts, promotions, within-grade increments, and performance evaluations. Develop and implement plans, including timetables, for contract reviews, renewals and terminations; ensures timely notice to staff.
- Monitor potential staff – management issues; provide advice to managers/supervisors on appropriate approach to be used in sound performance management and in counselling staff. Serve as technical resource and provide administrative support to staff- management bodies such as SAP, APC, JCP, and JCC as required.
- Contribute to the budget preparation and review process through an analysis of staffing pattern and needs of the office. Participate in management meetings affecting HR planning and management
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Education:Advanced university degree in social sciences or other relevant disciplines (human resources, business administration, international relations, psychology, etc). *A first-level university degree in a relevant field with additional two years of experience may be accepted in lieu of an advanced degree. Additional professional training is an advantage.
- Work Experience:Two years of relevant professional work experience. Developing country work experience (for IP) or field work experience (for NO). Background/familiarity with Emergency is desirable.
- Language Proficiency:Fluency in English is required. Fluency in another UN language is an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core valuesof Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The functional competencies required for this post are:
- Analyzing [I]
- Applying Technical Expertise [II]
- Following Instructions and Procedures [II]
- Planning and Organizing [I]
- Relating and Networking [I]
View our competency framework at:http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/files/UNICEF_Competencies.pdf
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
* Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
* Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization. To apply, click on the following linkhttp://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=516437