Position Name: Human Resources Officer
Employment Regime: Seconded/Contracted
Post Category: Mission Support-Management Level
Ref. number: SOM-151
Department: Mission Support Department/ Administrative Division/HR Section
Level: EU CONFIDENTIAL **
Open to Contributing
Third States: Yes
1. Reporting Line:
The Human Resources Officer reports to the Head of the Human Resources Section.
2. Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
· To ensure the correct preparation and timely submission of the monthly payroll, check the attendance and coordinate with FOG and FOH Financial and Administration Officers;
· To give advice and to draft memos on issues related to the Payroll and to the Travel Management Services tasks;
· To ensure the timely and correct administration of the leave records, reimbursement of duty trips, temporary relocations, home travels-, VISA- reimbursements, and other relevant entitlements of mission members in Mogadishu and also in the Field Offices in coordination with the Financial and Administration Officers;
· To contribute to the development of the new HR Civilian Missions Applications (CIMA) platform;
· To administer insurance portfolio for international and local staff; act as a point of contact for CIGNA Insurance, following up on reimbursement processes of Role 1 and Role 2 Hospitals;
· To act as a point of contact for mission members in regards to VISA issues; being the link to the Immigration Directorate;
3. General Tasks and Responsibilities:
· To provide service and technical reporting to the Head of the Human Resources Section;
· To assist in the preparations of Calls for Contributions for international staff and organise Calls for Applications for local staff (extension request exercises for eligible staff, reviews of job descriptions in direct consultation with line managers);
· To coordinate the selection process, including managing applications, vacancies, advising selection panels, collecting and analysing results and producing consolidated selection reports for endorsement. To participate as a member of selection panels as required; to communicate and coordinate with candidates, including on queries before or after applying, notifications of selection, interviews, etc;
· To conduct the grading of international and national contracted personnel for the purpose of determining their remuneration as per the catalogue of positions and applicable procedures;
· To coordinate the deployment of selected candidates, redeployment and check-out of staff members with all involved stakeholders, including line managers and the Brussels Support Element;
· To contribute to the development, implementation and follow-up on the human resources strategies, policies and procedures;
· To conduct timely issuance and proper management of employment contracts for international and national staff;
· To support, inform, assist and advise on all training, staff development and training related evaluation issues in line with Mission policies;
· To develop and implement tools for staff succession and continuation of business as part of staff turnover, such as handover notes, advice on specific training to newcomers, coaching, etc.;
· To provide advice, guidance and support to staff on personnel administration related matters.
· To maintain and update the current personnel databases as appropriate;
· To advise and assist staff members concerning EUCAP Somalia’s human resources and administration policies and procedures;
· To draft technical specifications/terms of reference for procurement activities in his/her area of expertise, participating in the evaluation of tenders as required;
· To undertake any other related tasks as requested by the Line Manager(s).
4. Essential Qualifications and Experience:
· Successful completion of university studies of at least 3 years attested by a diploma OR a qualification in the National Qualifications Framework which is equivalent to level 6 in the European Qualifications Framework OR a qualification of the first cycle under the framework of qualifications of the European Higher Education Area, e.g. Bachelor’s Degree OR equivalent and attested police or/and military education or training or an award of an equivalent rank; AND
· After having fulfilled the education requirements, a minimum of 4 years of relevant professional experience, in the field of human resources management.
5. Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Experience in Payroll-related tasks;
· People management skills and capacity to deal with different levels of stakeholders;
· Organising skills and capacity to develop plans, policies and forecasts;
· Problem solving skills and capacity to deal with disputes, grievances and staffing problems;
· Coaching and negotiating skills;
· Ability to prepare HR communications appropriate to the audience.
6. Desirable Qualifications and Experience:
· University or/and Master’s Degree in human resources management or/and an international certification in human resources management;
· Training and experience in MS Excel, Access and Visio and provide databases with similar software;
· Experience in Change Management processes.
7. Desirable Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Familiar with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems;
· Acquainted with financial administrative procedures.
How to apply
1) I. GENERAL CONDITIONS
Citizenship – Citizenship of an EU Member State or of a Contributing Third State.
2) Candidates (contracted) from EU Member States need to apply/register via:
3) For the ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS, GENERAL CONDITIONS, ESSENTIAL DOCUMENTS AND EQUIPMENT FOR SELECTED CANDIDATES of the position you need to follow this link: https://eeas.europa.eu/headquarters/headquarters-homepage/93187/1-2021-c…