Organization:Save the Children UK
Salary: £38,000-£42,000 pa
12 months fixed term contract (maternity cover)
Do you want to play a key role in an organisation which stands up for children? Then join us asHumanitarian Cash and Markets Adviser,contributing to the implementation of change in cash and market-based programming by leading on the development of resources, dissemination of knowledge and best practice and building a network of experts in the organisation.
In our Humanitarian department, we fight for children every single day. We integrate emergency and development work, through our country programmes. We increase our capacity to meet the assistance and protection needs of children and their families affected by crises. We go the extra mile – and we don’t rest until the work is done.
AsHumanitarian Cash and Markets Adviser,you will work across the movement to inspire global change in the application and uptake of quality cash and market-based programming to support our breakthroughs for children and aligning to the direction set out in the HSG’s strategy. You will also contribute to the development of SCUK and movement wide strategic direction, policies, thought leadership, evidence generation and common approaches. In addition you will:
- Travel to the field at short notice in large emergencies to set up and manage emergency programmes incorporating cash and market-based programming
- Ensure the adoption of quality standards and MEAL frameworks in cash and market-based programming through support and dissemination of guidance, frameworks, tools, training both within SCUK programmes and across the movement
- Contribute to the development and delivery of a movement wide capacity building strategy in cash and market-based programming
- Identify and develop a global cohort of surge staff drawn from Country, Regional and Member pools and provide technical line management to cash and markets HSTs and non-dedicated surge staff deployed in cash and markets roles.
To be successful you will be a proactive and dynamic individual, passionate about market-based programming and cash and vouchers to support the needs of children. Educated to BSc/BA/BEng level in a relevant subject or with equivalent field experience, you should also have fluent written and spoken English. You will have substantial direct experience in designing and implementing humanitarian programmes with cash and market-based components for an international organisation, probably in a managerial role. In addition you will have:
- A good understanding of market assessments and analysis
- Sound knowledge of the wider humanitarian sector, including personal or professional networks, and the current emergency institutional, legal and policy environment
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to present arguments clearly and effectively to a wide range of internal and external audiences
- Demonstrable ability to manage large budgets and deliver programmes or projects to agreed expenditure targets
- A willingness to travel extensively, in the region of 3-4 months a year, often at short notice, and occasionally to remote and insecure locations.
At Save the Children we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with children are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of vetting checks including a criminal records disclosure.
If you share our belief in the power of children, join the fight. It takes relentless determination, creativity and a real commitment to real change. Because every child should be able to make their mark on their world, and help to build a better future. We look forward to hearing from you.
Closing date: 7thJanuary 2019
To apply please visit our website via the link below: