International Campaign to Ban Landmines – Cluster Munition Coalition (ICBL-CMC)
ICBL-CMC seeks a highly motivated and dynamic person to ensure the overall effective financial management and grant compliance of the organization.
Job purpose: The ICBL-CMC Finance Manager ensures the accounting and the overall effective financial management and efficient administration of the organization. She/he oversees compliance with organizational and host-country regulations, as well as donor compliance. The Finance Manager is in charge of all financial aspects of funding proposals and grant reporting. She/he is the main adviser to the Director on day-to-day financial and organizational issues and relevant legal matters.
Deadline for submissions: 22 May 2020
Type of contract: One-year (renewable). Full time.
Starting date: 15 June 2020
Location: Geneva (flexible)
The ICBL-CMC Finance Manager will:
- Ensure organizational financial management in all its aspects with focus on all accounting functions;
- Main point of contact for financial institutions and auditors;
- Manage the financial aspect of donor relations (reporting) and fundraising;
- Support the governance body on financial (annual audit) and legal issues;
- Manage the administration of the organization’s human resources (salaries, benefits, etc.);
- Financial overview of the Investing in Action small grants program (support for national campaigns);
- Ensure financial management for organizational participation in major events (Meetings of States Parties, global conferences, etc.);
- Undertake diverse legal and administrative matters related to ICBL-CMC Geneva office operations;
- Provide advice on human resources, administrative and tax matters in accordance with Swiss and Geneva Canton legislation.
- Proven capacity to independently manage organizational financial accounting (as part of a small NGO team)
- Minimum three years of relevant professional experience;
- Knowledge of Swiss accounting, fiscal systems, and relevant legal framework;
- Proven experience in the financial administration of grant funding;
- Knowledge of and experience working with SAGE 100 or similar accounting software, in addition to Microsoft Office products;
- Fluency in English and French is required;
- Proven capacity to work in a self-directed manner as well as collaboratively with staff and a diverse range of network colleagues.
Additional desired qualifications:
- Relevant professional experience, preferably in the NGO sector;
- Knowledge of Swiss, French and US accounting, fiscal and legal systems;
- Experience with US charitable law and accounting procedures;
- Aptitude for managing and mentoring junior staff;
- Excellent proven communication and interpersonal skills with a wide variety of multi-cultural, multi-lingual groups and stakeholders;
- Flexibility to travel internationally.
How to apply
· Motivated by working in an international environment, with a Nobel Prize winning NGO, with active members all over the world?
· Energized by the idea of using your skills to support life-changing work by partners in the field?
· Seeking to bring your dynamism and your ideas to a team committed to ending the suffering caused by antipersonnel landmines and cluster munitions?
If so, please send a cover letter and a CV, by Friday, 22 May, COB Geneva time, to email@example.com.
In the cover letter please indicate your annual salary expectation and date of earliest availability.
Applicants must possess a valid Swiss or European Union work permit.