Organization: United Nations Population Fund
Location: Cairo, EGYPT
Application Deadline: 8 October, 2018
Type of Contract: Internship**
** UNFPA internships are performed strictly on a non-remunerative basis
Internship Duration: 2 months (might be extended)
Languages Required: Fluency in English and Arabic is required
Under the guidance and overall Supervision of the Regional ICT\LAN manager, the intern will support the ICT department for the period of two month (Could be renewed). The candidate will provide support in all Information technology related matters
Scope of work
The Intern will have the following duties:
- Assist the ICT unit to provide technical support to UNFPA ASRO & Egypt CO
- Provide daily troubleshooting to UNFPA staff.Follow up and ensure all computers and network peripherals are working providing optimum performance
- Help the staff to backup and restore their Data as needed
- Support the ICT unit when needed with designing graphics and templates.
- Follow up of the Cloud Storage vital records/folders.
- Follow up on copying the emergency data on H.D.D
- Support in the Office expansion project
- Support the Regional Office in the development of ICT oversight documentation and info notes for the 15 Arab States supported country offices
- Perform any other duties as required within the same capacity.
Important note to candidates
The successful candidate will be asked to do approximately a two-month assignmentstarting by October He/she is expected to work on a voluntary basis. UNFPA is not able to offer any stipend for the time provided.
- Good knowledge of installation of hardware and software in a network environment
- Good knowledge of the latest windows operating systems and network essentials
- Good knowledge of email communication systems.
- Good photo/video editing skills
- Good writing skills for reporting purposes
The successful candidate will gain good hands-on experience on day-to-day management of a medium sized office LAN environment with enhanced security policies/procedures. In addition to the knowledge of the UN corporate systems and applications.
How to apply:
1- Please email your CV/Resume along with a cover letter and P11 Form to email@example.com – noting that P11 Form is a must
2- Please specify the position title in the email subject
3- Only applications sent to firstname.lastname@example.org will be considered
4- Applications received after the deadline of October 8th, 2018 will be disregarded