Office of Information and Communications Technology (OICT) / Enterprise Application Centre-Bangkok (EAC-Asia)
In 2014 EAC-Asia was established to serve as Asia-Pacific hub to build enterprise applications for the United Nations Secretariat. The staff being located both in New York and Bangkok, EAC-Asia oversees the development and maintenance of enterprise applications such as iNeed Customer Relationship Management system (iNeed), Electronic Fuel Management System 2 (eFMS-2), Electronic Contingency-Owned Equipment (eCOE), and Electronic Rations Management System (eRMS) among others.
Core enterprise application solutions have been built upon Siebel CRM public sector, Oracle-based identity management systems, JEE Spring Framework, PeopleSoft, SAP, Tableau, and Android/iPhone mobile platforms.
This is a position in UNOPS for supporting projects carried out for the United Nations Secretariat and located in the United Nations Enterprise Application Centre- Asia (EAC – Asia). The incumbent of this position will be a consultant of UNOPS under its full responsibility.
The position is located in Bangkok, Thailand. With the direction of the Senior Project Manager the incumbent is expected to undertake the following duties:
- Configure and maintain Tableau Server Software Layer
- System Administration (includes site creation, server Maintenance/Upgrades/patches).
- Monitor server activity/usage statistics to identify possible performance issues/enhancements
- Create/Manage Groups, Workbooks and Projects, Database Views, Data Sources, and Data Connections.
- Assist in the identification and migration of data sources to Tableau Server.
- Design dashboards in Tableau for the iLearn-LMS, EFMS and ERMS systems.
- Develop web service integrations between the various data sources for the Tableau system.
- Perform any upgrades as required between the Tableau desktop versions and the Tableau server
- Publish and Perform migrations as an when required to the Tableau server
- Develop terms of reference documentation for team members.
- Develop seamless data integration across various UN agencies using FTP and SFTP secure connection
- Automate using batch process to take the backup of logs, files and sites
- Co-ordinate with various infrastructure and network team to setup/maintain/resolve network, firewall and data connectivity issues
- Develop and document standards/best practices for the development and administration of the Tableau platform.**
Monitoring and Progress Controls – **Impact of Results:
- Timely resolution of issues with high rate of business clients’ satisfaction.
- On time delivery of high-quality software with less defects introduced in the production environment.
- Timely delivery of properly configured modules aligned with the specifications, quality, and deadlines.
- Provision and updates of quality assurance standard operating manual.
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, mathematics, statistics, business administration or related field is required. An advanced degree in the related field is desirable.
- Minimum 4 years of progressively responsible experience in Tableau platform is required for a holder of a Bachelor’s degree in the relevant fields. A Master’s degree may substitute for some of the required years of experience.
- Additional experience in reporting and ETL is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of UN application architecture, integration with UN standard platform is desirable.
- Language Requirements
- Fluency in written and oral English is required.
- Knowledge of another United Nations official language is an advantage.
Contract type: Individual Contractor Agreement (ICA)
Contract level: International Individual Contractor Agreement (I-ICA 1)
Contract duration: Open-ended (renewable subject to funds availability and satisfactory performance)
For more details about the ICA contractual modality, please follow this link:
How to apply
To apply, please follow this link:https://jobs.unops.org/pages/viewvacancy/VADetails.aspx?id=19758#1