Organization: Good Return
Good Return is seeking a manager to lead its impact investment activities. The role will lead identification, due diligence and business advisory support to investees, development of relationships in the sector, monitoring and oversight of investments and partners, and engagement with investors. The role is based in Sydney and involves regular travel.
About Good Return
Good Return’s mission is to enable those living in poverty to achieve economic empowerment through responsible financial inclusion and capability development. We do this by engaging with partners across the Asia Pacific, where two-thirds of the world’s poor live. We help them deliver better financial services and economic opportunities to those living in poverty.
Our work focuses on promoting responsible inclusive finance, building financial capability & consumer empowerment, and developing smallholder agribusiness solutions. We also deliver interest free loan capital raised from the Australian public. Together these powerful tools empower people to create lasting change for themselves.
Good Return is an initiative of World Education Australia, an Australian Aid accredited agency and member of the Australian Council for International Development (ACFID).
Visit www.goodreturn.org.au for more information.
- Define and agree strategic and performance goals for the project
- Assist Program field staff and external agencies to scope / identify enterprises that meet GR criteria for impact investment support
- Work with selected enterprises to complete a detailed analysis of their business plan, growth strategy, financial needs, and performance outlook. This to be supported by review of the social and gender impacts of the enterprise plan. Negotiate financing arrangements with local banks, and present investment memoranda for approval to GR Impact Investment Committee
- Engage with Australian investors (mainly Private Ancillary Funds or PAFs) to secure investment
- Maintain oversight of portfolio performance to achieve performance targets and enable regular reporting to investor
Skills & Attributes
- Ability to manage a developing business unit, set strategic goals and priorities, drive growth and manage budgets
- Strong experience in modelling business and financial projections to analyse enterprise funding proposals
- Commercial expertise to quickly assess if a proposal is worth pursuing
- Strong interpersonal, collaboration, negotiation and cross-cultural communication skills
- Commitment to gender equality and women’s economic empowerment
- Alignment with Good Return’s vision, mission and values
- Tertiary qualifications in business, accounting, banking or finance
- Impact investment and/or fund management experience
- Track record in managing and developing a business unit
- Business advisory experience
- Business experience in Asia, Pacific Islands, or other developing countries
Applications and enquiries can be submitted through SmartRecruiters.
Applicants should provide a CV and a cover letter that addresses the selection criteria listed in the full position description attached below, along with your phone and Skype contact details. Cover letters can be included in the messages section or uploaded together with a CV file.
Recruitment will start immediately, please apply as soon as possible.
Note: Good Return is a child safe organisation. The successful candidate will be required to comply with our child protection policy and will be subject to pre-hire checks