The India Foundation for the Arts (IFA) is inviting proposals for artistic explorations, imaginations and interpretations, based on the theme: 25 years of the internet in India. In these 25 years, the internet has impacted every aspect of our lives – emotional, social, economic, political and cultural.
It has helped artistic and cultural spaces to evolve over the years and connected people across languages and borders.
This year marks 25 years of grant making at IFA.
It was serendipitous for us to discover that the internet in India is also 25 years old.
In an unprecedented year as this one, when due to the pandemic and physical distancing.
- It will support 25 projects with a grant of Rs 25,000/- each.
- The maximum duration of a project: 3 months between October 15, 2020, and January 15, 2021 (with no extension).Who can apply?
- Individual arts and cultural practitioners working within or across any form of artistic practice including performing arts, visual, new media and digital arts, and literature.A single applicant could represent collaborative work between individual artists or from collectives and organisations.
Kindly note that organisations are not eligible to apply.
- Indian nationals or persons living in India for more than five consecutive years.Selection Process:
- Proposals will be evaluated by the IFA team. Shortlisted applicants must be available for an online discussion with IFA staff.The announcement of all 25 grants will be made on September 21, 2020, which is IFA’s birthday. The decision by IFA on the grants will be final.
Apply by 7th September.