The purpose of the Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA) Specialist position is technical development of the specific Core competency, strategic direction and quality assurance, the ICLA strategy and quality control. The ICLA Specialist is responsible for mentoring, train, capacity build staff on ICLA technical capacity.
The ICLA Specialist is a member of the Country Office (CO)-based Programme Unit (PU). The NRC Myanmar ICLA programme focuses on Legal Identity (LI) and Housing, Land and Property (HLP) to enable people affected by displacement to claim and exercise their rights and to find lasting solutions to displacement, and to prevent displacement for those at risk of displacement.
Duties and responsibilities
- Develop ICLA strategy, technical guidance and Macro Log-Frames (MLFAs)
- Compliance with and adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures
- Contribute to fundraising and develop and revise funding proposal, budgets and donor reports
- Identify trends technical standards and donor priorities
- Follow up on compliance with contractual commitments within ICLA, ensure high technical quality and synergies in project implementation
- Provide technical direction and project implementation support
- Ensure that key learnings are extracted from ICLA implementation, and incorporate them in Core
- Competency and staff development processes
- Provide systematic training and build capacity of technical staff
- Represent NRC in relevant forums/clusters, including with national authorities and donors
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
- Minimum 4 years of experience within technical expertise area in a humanitarian/ recovery context
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Core competency expertise
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Valid driver’s license
- Knowledge of the context in Myanmar
- Experience of advocacy work
- Experience of technical legal advocacy.
- Experience of implementing HLP and CBDR programming
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
We can offer
Commencement: September 2020
Duration: 13 months
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions.
Level: Grade 9 in the NRC grade structure Click here for the full NRC Grade structure
Duty station: Yangon with up to 40 % travel to the field.
How to apply
LINK TO APPLY:
An approved health certificate will be requested before the contract start.
Application procedures and CV registration: Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV.
There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the “Company name” field for both company and location.