Organizational Unit:Information Management
Duty station: Rome
Duration of the internship: From 4 up to 8 months
Expected start date:As soon as possible
Background information/Organizational Context
The main purpose of Internship within UNHCR is to offer candidates an opportunity to gain a hands-on experience linked to their field of study or their career perspective, along with providing a valuable support to the IM (Information Management) Unit.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducting data research and gathering relevant information for the IM activities.
- Carrying out data import
- Providing support in the improvement of data collection tools
- Assisting in maintenance and development of data management processes
- Supporting in preparation of Information Management products, like Dashboards, Updates, Internal Reports
- Assisting in the update/revision or draft of Information Management products
- Participation in coordination activities related to the Information Management of the Office
- The intern will receive training and support in assigned tasks
- Be a recent graduate  or a current student/undergraduate school programme from a university or higher education;
- Have completed at least two years of undergraduate studies in Economics, Social Science, Information Management, Information Technology, Statistics, Management, or related areas;
- Fluency in English and Italian language;
- Have interest in humanitarian and international cooperation fields;
- Excel skills (e.g. pivot tables, functions, etc.);
- Proficiency with most common computer applications (Office, Outlook, Skype, Graphic design tools…);
- Proficiency with all the phases of data analysis;
- Attitude in information and spreadsheet management;
- Excellent research skills;
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment;
- Flexibility, adaptability and a positive attitude;
- Knowledge of Power BI, PowerApp, SQL, programming capacity, are desirable competencies.
Please note that:
Candidates must have the right to work in Italy;
There is no expectation of employment at the end of the internship. Interns shall not be eligible to apply for, or be appointed to, positions in UNHCR during the period of internship and for a period of six months following the end of their internship. Interns may be hired as individual contractors without a break in service, provided they have the required qualifications and professional experience;
Interns who do not receive financial support from an outside party will receive financial support from an outside party will receive a Food and Local Transportation Allowance which will be the equivalent of 10% of the Daily Subsistence Allowance (DSA) of the duty station and be based on 30 calendar days. It must not exceed the equivalent of USD 1000 per month, normally payable in local currency. If the agreed internship is not full-time, the Allowance will be adjusted accordingly. Person who completed their studies within one year of applying for an internship with UNHCR
How to apply
How to Apply (please read carefully):\
Candidates must have the right to work in Italy.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the assessment.
Shortlisted candidates will be assessed through a written test and an oral interview.
For application-related queries, please write to email@example.com.
Closing date for applications: 25 May 2020 at 23.59