Organization: International Organization for Migration
Closing date:25 Sep 2018
Position Title :Information Management Officer (Shelter/NFI)
Duty Station :Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh
Classification :Professional Staff, Grade P2
Type of Appointment :Special short-term graded, Six months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date :As soon as possible
Closing Date :25 September 2018
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading
UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and
non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, the following candidates are considered as first-tier candidates:
1. Internal candidates
2. Qualified applicants from the following NMS countries:
Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Cook Islands, Cuba, Cabo Verde, Czech
Republic, Djibouti, Fiji, Micronesia (Federated States of), Gabon, Grenada, Guyana, Iceland, Kiribati, Comoros, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Saint Lucia, Lesotho, Libya, Montenegro, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Malawi, Namibia, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Palau, Paraguay, Solomon Islands, Seychelles, Slovenia, Suriname, Sao Tome and Principe, Swaziland, Timor-Leste, Tonga, Tuvalu, Holy See, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Vanuatu, Samoa
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission, and the direct supervision of the Programme Manager (Shelter/NFIs), the successful candidate will support the implementation of IOM Shelter/ Non-Food Items (NFIs) Programme.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Provide information management for internal and external reporting purpose, including project progress information, figures of daily pipeline stocks, and staff/volunteer activities to enable the implementation of the programme as planned.
- Track and verify both procurement and distribution information and keep pipeline in & out information matrix in coordination with Programme Manager, the procurement/logistic units, and Field Focal Points. Crosscheck different information and provide operational figures that will be used for distribution planning of the Common Pipeline that is open to all Shelter/NFIs Sector partners.
- Proactively gather information from field staff that may be of use in internal/external sitreps and informing programme decisions. Implement an integrated mechanism for data gathering and information management across all activities to ensure accurate and reliable data is collected.
- Support and strengthen field assessment mechanisms through the development of standardized data collection forms and tools using Kobo. Provide orientation/training to field staff and organise and manage the data collection, input, cleaning and initial analysis of data. Identify gaps in data and information relevant to the programme.
- Ensure to collect necessary deliverable assigned to partner organizations including project report figures– weekly, monthly, and annually. Follow up as necessary to ensure timely and quality data received for monitoring partners’ activities.
- Ensure adequate information sharing internally and externally, including weekly 4W to the Shelter Sector.
- Responsible for the maintenance of project related information, photos, documents, equipment and database etc.
- Ensure effective monitoring and track achievements as per the project implementation plan, work plan and linked to project documents.
- Undertake field visit and liaise with counterparts as per programme requirements.
- Undertake duties delegated by the respective supervision, hold self-accountable in completion of assigned task and manage resources efficiently.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Social Science, Law, Management, Information Management, Disaster Risk Management or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
• Experience in humanitarian emergencies;
• Experience in Shelter/NFIs, pipeline management is an advantage;
• Draft narrative report in English;
• Experience in KOBO data collection exercise;
• Advanced use of Microsoft Excel, including pivot table, and various charts;
• Skills of geo-referencing applications are advantage.
Fluency in English is required.
•Inclusion and respect for diversity:respects and promotes individual and cultural
differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
•Integrity and transparency:maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
•Professionalism:demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies– behavioural indicators level 2
•Teamwork:develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
•Delivering results:produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
•Managing and sharing knowledge:continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
•Accountability:takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
•Communication:encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 25 September 2018 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 18.09.2018 to 25.09.2018
Posting: Posting NC55654451 (55654451) Released