Chemonics seeks an Infrastructure Manager for the USAID South Sudan Gender Aware Sustainable Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (GASWASH) Activity. This five-year, $25-50 million project aims to expand gender-transformative sustainable access to basic safe drinking water, basic sanitation coverage, and increase uptake of key hygiene behaviors to improve health and household resilience. Please note that the position is contingent upon program award. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide guidance and input to the Chief of Party and oversee all construction subcontractors and personnel
- Develop and roll out a construction implementation plan for the activity
- Lead construction subcontractor solicitation, assessment, and award process
- Build capacity of subcontractors to plan, oversee, and monitor the construction of new and rehabilitated WASH infrastructure, ensuring quality assurance
- Lead approach to operations and maintenance (O&M) of construction works
- Foster private sector engagement in WASH infrastructure development
- Must be a licensed Professional Engineer in the United States
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in civil engineering
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in small scale infrastructure development
- At least 5 years’ experience in low cost, context-appropriate infrastructure design and management of related procurements
- Prior experience implementing international development projects and/or USAID-funded projects is highly preferred
- Prior experience in and strong working knowledge of South Sudan preferred; professional experience in infrastructure development in similar conflict-affected environments required
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills, as well as strong analytical and problem-solving skills
How to apply
Application Instructions: Please complete the application and submit a CV, cover letter, and contact information by February 24, 2021 through this form: South Sudan Gender Aware Sustainable WASH Infrastructure Manager (smartsheet.com).
No telephone inquiries, please. Candidates will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Finalists will be contacted. More information about Chemonics International can be found at www.chemonics.com.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics. Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/