Organization: Terre des hommes
You are an excellent communicator and are passionate about disruptive innovations. You have a strong interest and expertise in gaming, gamification, VR, youth-driven digital projects, e-learning platforms. You are energetic, full of initiative and results-oriented. You are looking for a meaningful job that will make a lasting impact on children in need of protection throughout Europe, children and youth in migration, children deprived of liberty? Then this challenge is for you.
Start date As soon as possible.
Contract One year, renewable. Attractive compensation and benefits package.
Flexible working hours, between 50% and 100% of a full time equivalent, to be agreed.
Location Flexible with regular travels to Budapest, Hungary.
Recruitment is on-going until the position is filled.
WHAT WE DO IN EUROPE
Terre des hommes (Tdh) is the leading Swiss child relief agency. Founded in 1960, we are committed to improving the lives of millions of the world’s most vulnerable children. Through our innovative protection and health projects, we provide assistance to over three million children and their families in almost forty countries each year. In Europe, Tdh intervenes directly in 7 countries, relying on teams based in Budapest, Albania, Greece, Kosovo, Romania, Moldova and Ukraine. Working closely with partners, Tdh intervenes indirectly in 16 other countries. The Regional Office in Budapest has been operating since 2006.
The Innovation and Digital Transformation Expert (hereinafter referred to as “Expert”) will be a part of the Terre des hommes’ Disruptive Innovation Unit with a direct reporting line to HQ. This unit is highly dynamic and is behind major innovations such as: ICT for Child Protection, ChildHub, ICT for Health, IeDA, Nazeef. It aims to bolster innovation within Tdh programs by incubating innovative ideas toward small-scale prototypes and accelerating risky but promising prototypes toward large-scale solutions (e.g. www.childhub.org).
The Expert will be responsible for innovation and digital transformation in the whole Europe region, providing advice & leadership on the development and use of ICT to support programmes in Europe. S/he will identify and promote quality and relevant ICT components; support, follow and directly manage all ICT components such as games and knowledge platforms within the various programmes. The Consultant will contribute to the definition and implementation of the Tdh global strategy and contribute to develop internal and external ICT-related dynamics at Tdh.
· Contribute to and lead the design and drafting of new project proposals in the region. Advise on project implementation: provide methodological and technical support/guidance on the design, implementation and use of ICT in support of programme delivery. Select programming/software companies: design technical specifications;
· Help building the capacity of the Region’s country teams by organizing training modules, webinars, exchange of good practices and dissemination of relevant literature. Keep up with global state-of-the-art innovations worldwide and spread knowledge accordingly;
· Help strengthen four-way link between Disruptive Innovation unit based in HQ, Regional Office, programmes and delegations by revising, providing input and applying policies and guidelines based on programmes’ strategy, HQ regulations, regional and country offices’ experience and knowledge;
· Promote and maintain a global awareness of ICT for development and create a culture of critical reflection on the use of new technology within Tdh programmes;
· Coordinate and manage the work of Innovation Assistant(s) when applicable;
· Contribute to the landscape analysis of the Region, identify funding opportunities and main stakeholders;
· Ensure the coherence of all innovations at national and regional levels and support relevant learning processes;
· Contribute to the dissemination of project outcomes and ongoing activities in international journals and conferences;
· Liaise and closely collaborate with equivalent regional positions in Asia, the Middle East and Africa;
· Help developing a regional network with existing regional partnerships, networks, centres of expertise, academia and research, industry, etc.
· Relevant university degree (Engineer or Master degree in ICT preferred) from an accredited educational institution;
· 5+ years of the experience in designing and conducting ICT projects;
· Up-to-date and extensive knowledge of technological trends;
· Knowledge and experience of working with or in large international organisations; experience in INGOs or in social enterprises would be a distinct asset;
· Experience in Migration, Justice, Child Protection or development aid would be a plus;
· Ability to establish an environment of cooperation and collaboration;
· Excellent team player;
· Self-motivated, with skills to support and advise others;
· Ability to learn from difficult experiences, capitalize on mistakes and seize opportunities;
· Ability to communicate with non-technical staff for establishing business requirements and converting these requirements into technical specifications;
· Experience in contributing to projects with team members located in several countries;
· Excellent communication skills; high proficiency in spoken and written English. Knowledge of French is an asset but not a requirement;
· Results-oriented and problem-solving skills;
· Capacity for rigor and precision, transparency and honesty;
· Ability to uphold high standards under pressure and with tight deadlines;
· Flexibility, availability and adaptability.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their CV and motivation in English to
Please include “Innovation Expert, your name and surname” in the subject line of the application email. Please indicate in the email content where you found our Vacancy Announcement and your salary expectations. Applications without this information will not be considered.
Child Safeguarding Policy:
To commit to respect Tdh Risk Management Policies including: Child Safeguarding Policy, Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption Policy, Whistle Blowing Policy.
Due to an anticipated high number of applications, Tdh is not in a position to respond to every applicant individually. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.