The successful candidate will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Support the (SRMCO) in managing ROAP’s media and communication activities, which include curating and maintaining online platforms such as the website and social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.
- Support the SRMCO in producing high quality video content and other digital information products related to IOM’s work in the Asia Pacific region.
- Support the maintenance of the ROAP SharePoint platform and other related internal communication platforms.
- Support the production and dissemination of a regular ROAP Newsletter that will provide key updates.
- Assist in Bangkok-based media relations and event management, including M&C trainings, as required.
- Assist the SRMCO with the maintenance and upgrade of the regional office website.
- Provide general administrative and clerical support to the M&C unit as required.
- Support the SRMCO’s collaborations with MCD counterparts across the region, Geneva and Manila hubs to disseminate high quality media and communications output notably via online communications and social media platforms.
- Support the organisation of regular information sharing ‘brown-bag’ lunchtime sessions for ROAP staff and where possible include specific missions (virtually).
- Perform such other related duties as may be assigned.
Eligibility and Selection The Internship Programme aims at attracting talented students and graduates who have a specific interest in, or whose studies have covered, areas relevant to IOM programmes and activities. Interns must be between 20 and 36 years old and should have less than two years of relevant working experience. The Internship Programme is open to candidates of any nationality.
Required Qualifications and Experience: • Recent graduate. (Students approaching the end of their studies and preparing a thesis may also be considered.) • Advanced English writing and editing skills. • Advanced photography, videography and video editing skills an advantage. • Good knowledge of Adobe Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc), MS Office and other relevant software. • Expertise with social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube. • Ability to work as part of a multicultural, multilingual team. • Creativity, initiative and ability to work with minimal supervision.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via e-mail to ROBangkokHR@iom.int . Please include the reference code ROBKK-CFA 2021-009 followed by your full name in the subject line and mention your preferred duration as mention above.
Applications should include:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae
- Duly completed IOM Personal History Form (can be downloaded from http://thailand.iom.int/);
- Video and/or photography portfolio
- Evidence of digital media content creation