Position Name: Internal Auditor
Employment Regime: Seconded/Contracted
Post Category: Mission Support-Management Level
Ref. number: SOM-006
Department: Head of Mission Office
Level: EU SECRET**
Open to Contributing
Third States: No
1. Reporting Line:
The Internal Auditor reports to the Head of Mission (HoM).
2. Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
· To assist in establishing a risk-based ex post financial control function to be performed in compliance with the relevant international standards, the regulations and legal rules applicable to this field in the context of the EU and EC guidelines.
3. General Tasks and Responsibilities:
· To work as a team member of an Internal Control team in charge of planning and conducting financial, systems and performance audit controls;
· To assist in developing a risk-based audit programme for validation by the Mission’s management;
· To assist in planning appropriate audit procedures and methods to meet the objective of the audit engagements, considering the efficient use of resources;
· To operate in accordance with the relevant provisions of the EU Financial Regulations and with the professional internal auditing standards;
· To prepare high quality and operational audit reports presenting the findings and recommendations;
· To obtain feedback from the external auditors and to implement the external auditors findings;
· To recommend corrective actions to the Mission’s management as appropriate, and to follow up and review corrective actions taken by management;
· To provide advice and guidance to the HoM and the Head of Mission Support Department in order to improve compliance with internal control standards;
· To assess whether financial operations have been legally and regularly executed and accounts are reliable by conducting ex-post financial checks based on audit methodologies;
· To ascertain the nature of a process, identify key control points and evaluates their efficiency and effectiveness;
· To identify and map risks; to assist in designing and establishing risk mitigation systems along the Mission’s financial circuits with a view to improving compliance with financial control rules and standards;
· To evaluate adequacy of management and control systems and the implementation of financial and accounting policies, systems and procedures;
· To examine whether resources are used efficiently and economically and achieving effective results;
· To examine the reliability and integrity of information systems;
· To identify, manage and report the risks arising from the specific processes/systems/projects implemented under his/her responsibility;
· To undertakes any other related professional tasks as requested by the Line Manager.
4. Essential Qualifications and Experience:
· Successful completion of university studies of at least 3 years attested by a diploma OR a qualification in the National Qualifications Framework which is equivalent to level 6 in the European Qualifications Framework OR a qualification of the first cycle under the framework of qualifications of the European Higher Education Area, e.g. Bachelor’s Degree; AND
· A minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience, after having fulfilled the education requirements;
· A minimum of 1 year of experience in working with computerised financial systems in the area of accounting or financial management and with audit management software.
5. Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Ability to produce high-quality audit reports including recommendations;
· Data mining, analytical, research and problem-solving skills;
· Priority-setting and ability to react quickly to new demands;
· Knowledge of EC Financial Regulation and audit practices.
6. Desirable Qualifications and Experience:
· University and/or Master’s degree in Economics, Audit, Finance, or other related fields;
· Experience in setting up an internal audit capability in a big and complex organisation;
· Member of a corps or body within EU member states public institutions having functions of this nature and/or certification as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Chartered Accountant (CA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), or equivalent is desirable.
How to apply
1) I. GENERAL CONDITIONS
Citizenship – Citizenship of an EU Member State or of a Contributing Third State.
2) Candidates (contracted) from EU Member States need to apply/register via:
3) For the ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS, GENERAL CONDITIONS, ESSENTIAL DOCUMENTS AND EQUIPMENT FOR SELECTED CANDIDATES of the position you need to follow this link: https://eeas.europa.eu/headquarters/headquarters-homepage/93187/1-2021-c…